Explore Expert Info
Explore Expert Info
- What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
The difference between the Class II and Class III hitches has to do with their Gross Trailer Weight (GTW), their Tongue Weight (TW), and their Hitch Receiver Size. Class II trailer hitch receivers have a 1-1/4 inch receiver and can be rated up to… view full answer...
- What is the Difference Between a 4-Way and 7-Way Trailer Connector
A 4-Way trailer connector has the basic lighting functions only; running lights, left turn signal and brake lights, right turn signal and brake lights, and ground. A 7-Way has these functions and a 12 volt circuit, a circuit for electric trailer… view full answer...
- Blue Ox Patriot 3 and 2 Comparison
The difference between the Patriot 2 #BRK2016 and the Patriot 3 part #BRK2019 is the the Patriot 3 continuously checks the brake pressure initially to make sure the unit is setup properly. view full answer...
- Curt vs. Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch Comparison for a 2016 Subaru Outback Wagon
The Class II Curt Hitch #C12136 and Class II Draw-Tite Hitch #36493 for your 2016 Subaru Outback Wagon are very similar, but every Class I and Class II and some Class III Curt Hitches require stabilizing straps to be used when towing non trailer… view full answer...
- Lighting and Wiring Options for Flat-Towing a Jeep Wrangler Behind a Motor Home
What you need is a light kit specifically for flat-towing. The Plug-N-Tow TM Vehicle Wiring Harness, #42615, would be if the Jeep were towing a trailer and not for activating its lights while it is being towed. There are a few options for lighting… view full answer...
- Recommended 5th Wheel Hitch for a 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 with Prep Package
The 5th wheel hitch I recommend for your 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 with the factory prep package is the B&W Companion OEM 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch part #BWRVK3715 (usually best for long beds) or part #BWRVK3775 (usually best for short beds).… view full answer...
- How to Determine Correct Ball Mount Rise or Drop for Towing a Trailer with a 17 Inch Coupler Height
Normally trailer coupler height is around 17 inches, from the ground to the bottom of the coupler, and most hitch manufacturers design their hitches to work with a ball mount that will end up very close to this measurement. I am including a link to… view full answer...
- Recommended Fifth Wheel Hitch for 2020 Ford F-350 Super Duty Long Bed
For your 2020 Ford F-350 Super Duty Long Bed (8 foot) we have several options of fifth wheel trailer hitches. My favorite is the B & W fifth wheel hitch. They have a really nice finish to them that looks good in any truck, and the powder coat is… view full answer...
- Recommended Trailer Hitch for a 2020 Subaru Outback
The trailer hitch I recommend for a 2020 Subaru Outback is the Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver part #CU89FR. The Curt Trailer Hitch is a custom, bolt-on fit with no drilling required so there are no major permanent modifications needed. The Curt Trailer… view full answer...
- Recommended Gooseneck Hitch Ball Kit for 2020 Ford F-350 with Factory Puck System
I recommend using the B&W Ball and Safety Chain Kit #BWGNXA2061 for the factory puck system on your 2020 Ford F-350 Super Duty. I like this kit of the Curt #C60692 and Reese #RP30137 options because it uses a handle to secure the gooseneck hitch… view full answer...
- Trailer Hitch Extension for Use Behind a Truck Bed Camper
I have two options that will allow for you to extend the connection point between your truck and trailer. The best option for you will depending on the gross trailer weight (GTW) and tongue weight (TW) of your trailer. As long as the GTW and TW of… view full answer...