Explore Expert Info
Explore Expert Info
- What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
The difference between the Class II and Class III hitches has to do with their Gross Trailer Weight (GTW), their Tongue Weight (TW), and their Hitch Receiver Size. Class II trailer hitch receivers have a 1-1/4 inch receiver and can be rated up to… view full answer...
- What is the Difference Between a 4-Way and 7-Way Trailer Connector
A 4-Way trailer connector has the basic lighting functions only; running lights, left turn signal and brake lights, right turn signal and brake lights, and ground. A 7-Way has these functions and a 12 volt circuit, a circuit for electric trailer… view full answer...
- Do I Have to Have a Sliding 5th Wheel Hitch in a Short Bed Truck
You do not have to use a sliding 5th wheel hitch in a short bed truck. In many cases, truck beds shorter than 8 ft do not have enough clearance between the trailer and truck to execute sharp turns. This is why sliding hitches were invented. Due to… view full answer...
- How to Determine Correct Ball Mount Rise or Drop for Towing a Trailer with a 17 Inch Coupler Height
Normally trailer coupler height is around 17 inches, from the ground to the bottom of the coupler, and most hitch manufacturers design their hitches to work with a ball mount that will end up very close to this measurement. I am including a link to… view full answer...
- Curt vs. Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch Comparison for a 2016 Subaru Outback Wagon
The Class II Curt Hitch #C12136 and Class II Draw-Tite Hitch #36493 for your 2016 Subaru Outback Wagon are very similar, but every Class I and Class II and some Class III Curt Hitches require stabilizing straps to be used when towing non trailer… view full answer...
- Blue Ox Patriot 3 and 2 Comparison
The difference between the Patriot 2 #BRK2016 and the Patriot 3 part #BRK2019 is the the Patriot 3 continuously checks the brake pressure initially to make sure the unit is setup properly. view full answer...
- Recommended Fifth Wheel Hitch for 2020 Ford F-350 Super Duty Long Bed
For your 2020 Ford F-350 Super Duty Long Bed (8 foot) we have several options of fifth wheel trailer hitches. My favorite is the B & W fifth wheel hitch. They have a really nice finish to them that looks good in any truck, and the powder coat is… view full answer...
- Did Chevy Change the Puck Spacing for Factory 5th Wheel Puck System
We have recently learned that the puck spacing for the factory prep package for the 2020 model year has changed for Chevy/GMC so the only 5th wheel hitches we can confirm as of August 2019 that will fit your 2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 are the B&W… view full answer...
- Parts Needed to Flat Tow 2020 Jeep Wrangler With Factory Bumper
We have all of the parts you need to flat tow your 2020 Jeep Wrangler, and while it may seem like a lot of parts, it's actually just four basic components - base plates on the Jeep, a tow bar to connect the Jeep to your motorhome, wiring to power… view full answer...
- Recommended 5th Wheel Hitch for 2019 Ford F-350 with Factory Prep Package
Congratulations on your new truck! For your 2019 Ford F-350 that is equipped with the factory prep package I highly recommend the B&W OEM Companion 5th Wheel Hitch #BWRVK3305. The Companion series hitches are considered by many to be the best on… view full answer...
- Which Trailer Wiring Harness for 2020 Chevy Equinox
The wiring harness you meed will depend on whether or not you have the Premiers sub-model or not. For the Premier, you'd use #118759 or #118750 if it's not the Premier model. There's also a third less expensive possibility....if your… view full answer...