bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Parts Needed to Convert a Jeep's 4-Way to a 7-Way


I am looking to buy a trailer that has the round plug but my Jeep is only wired with the 4 prong flat plug. Is there an adapter that will take the round from the trailer and into the flat on my Jeep?


Expert Reply:

Yes, we have exactly what you need.

To convert the 4-way of your Jeep to a 7-way so that it will adapt to your trailer that has a 7-way you have two options. If your trailer doesn't have brakes all you would need is the # 37185. This would simply plug into your Jeep 4-way and would provide a 7-way for your trailer to connect to.

Now if your trailer has brakes you will need a different part. Instead you will need the brake controller install kit # ETBC7. This comes with everything needed to convert your 4-way to a 7-way plus install a brake controller. I attached installation instructions and an install video for you to check out as well.

For a brake controller I would recommend the Prodigy P2 Brake Controller part # 90885. This is our best selling brake controller because of how well it works and how easy it is to setup.

expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>