How to Pick Out Replacement Leaf Springs for a Trailer with Rusty Leaf Springs
I have a venture boat trailer, single axle, model VAB-2750 the springs are obviously rusty....it looks like it has a spring retainer, one side is rusted and completely gone the other side is starting to open like a clamshell...rust and probably adds no benefit do I need to replace these? will the springs still stay together because of the ubolts holding them to the axle? I was thinking maybe just putting a heavy duty hose clamp...but wondered what benefit they offered even before the rust. thanks
asked by: Tyler
The bolt running down the middle of your leaf springs will keep them together, but if they are showing as much rust as you said they are it would be a good time to replace your springs. The clips are designed to help keep the leafs together although they are already connected at the bolt.
You will need to measure the length of your springs from one eye to the other, the width of the springs and determine the capacity of springs you need to pick out the correct springs.
I attached a page to the right that has all of the leaf springs we carry.
The capacity of the axles should be listed on a plate up by the coupler on the trailer frame.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- How Do I Know If My 10k AL-KO/Hayes Brake Caliper Is For The Right Or Left Side Of A Trailer
- Is The Furrion 34" FF34SC15A-BL Fireplace Available?
- Choosing Between Curt TruTrack & Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution Systems for Keystone Travel Trailer
- Recommended Hitch and Cargo Carrier for a 2021 Ford Bronco Sport
- What Replacement Parts Do I Need For My Solera Awning
- Choosing a Spare Tire Cover to Fit Your Tire
- How To Replace A Broken Wheel Stud
- Replacement Disc Brake Caliper Needed For A 10,000 Pound Hayes Axle
- Power Adapter for Furrion Camera Systems on 2022 Silverado and Sierra Trucks
- Replacement Tail Light for a 2020 Jayco Redhawk Motorhome
- Is There A Storage Container Option That Will Go Under The Lippert SolidSteps?
- Front and Rear Air Bag Suspension and Onboard Air Compressor for a 2022 Thor Quantum KW29 motorhome
- Fit and Adjustability of Roof Rack for 2012 Prius V wagon
- Trailer Hitch for 2023 Kia Sportage EV
- Tire Grip Vehicle Traction Recovery Tracks for Boat Ramp Use
- Recommended Replacement Divider Latch for Horse Trailers
- Replacement Key for Bauer AE Series Lock
- How To Haul A Motorcycle On The Front Of My 2017 Nissan NV3500
- B&W Companion Replacement Base for Ford Prep Package
- Bright LED Clearance Light for Side of Horse Trailer for Visibility
- Correct Snow Tire Chains For A 2010 Honda CRV
- Replacement Inner And Outer Bearing With Seal For A 1998 Kwik Kamp Camper Trailer
- Replacement For A 57915.331 Dometic Duo-Therm AC Unit
- Suspension Upgrade for 2015 Keystone Carbon 347
- Recommending A Replacement Hub And Bearings For A 2019 Forest River Wildwood Toy Hauler
- Replacement Base Assembly for Thule Xporter Pro Ladder Rack
- Axle Lift Kit For A 2022 Forest River 29TE
- Recommended Replacement Struts for Storage Compartments