Would Applying Clear Coat to the Westin Bumper # 63000-93800 Prevent Rust
Do you feel applying clear coat to the bumper would be helpful in preventing rust in the long run? Thanks.
asked by: Dustin
The Westin Bumper # 63000-93800 that you referenced has already been powder coated black. Powder coat is generally stronger than regular paint so I wouldn't apply clear coat to it right out of the box.
If you install it and the powder coat gets chipped off over time from use I would quickly spray the bare metal with paint and clear coat to prevent rust from forming there. But applying clear coat to the bumper when it is brand new wouldn't provide much if any rust resistance.
Featured Help Information
- Article: Types of Bumpers
- Q&A: Backup Alarm Solution for Vehicle with 7440 Reverse Light
- Q&A: Brackets and Mounting Hardware to Install ProSeries 15K 5th Wheel in 2013 Toyota Tundra
- Q&A: Will the Curt Fifth Wheel Rail Kit Work with a Pro Series 15k Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Q&A: Is Towing With A Hitch Better Than Towing With A Ball Mounted To Bumper
- Q&A: Exact Replacement Bumper fro 2003 Dodge Dakota SLT
- Q&A: Replacement Bumper for a 2004 Dodge Dakota
- Q&A: Replacement Rear Bumper for a 2001 Dodge Dakota SLT Quad Cab
- Article: Stability Control for Heavy Duty Vehicles
- Article: Brake Controller Installation on a Ford Full-Size Van
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: RV Sway Control, Stabilization, and Suspension Enhancement
- Article: How to Choose a Spare-Tire-Bike Rack
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers