How to Determine if the Yakima KingPin Bike Rack will Clear Spare Tire of a 2007 Toyota 4Runner
What is the distance between and center of the pinhole on the part that is ed into the trailer hitch and the end facing the spare tire? I have a 2007 Toyota 4Runner, and the distance between the pinhole and the spare tire is 4.5 . Will this product work? Thanks.
asked by: Thornton W
The distance from the upright mast of the Yakima KinPin Bike Rack part # Y02458 to the hitch pin hole is 8 inches.
Since you have a distance of 4-1/2 inches from the pin hole on your 2007 Toyota 4Runner to the outside of your spare tire this rack should work well for you. I attached a review video for this rack for you to check out as well.
If you plan on carrying any womens or alternative framed bikes without horizontal top tubes you may also be interested in purchasing a Swagman Easy-Out Women's and Alternative Frame Bike Adapter # 64005 to provide a horizontal top tube on your bikes to provide an attachment point. I attached a review video for this product also. This will allow the bikes to be carried more level and will provide more ground clearance.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Spare Tire Bike Racks
- Trunk Bike Racks
- Adapter Bar
- 24-3/8 - 33-3/4 Inch Long
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Recommended Goose Box to Replace a Lippert Turning Point Pin Box
- Q&A: 4 Bike Rack Recommendation for Use at Rear of Motorhome and Flat Towed Ford F-150
- Q&A: How Much Does the Kuat Transfer V2 Weigh?
- Q&A: Can Malone Paddleboard Carrier be Used on Highway for Hours
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: Is an Adapter Needed to Mount a Mens Schwinn Beach Cruiser on the Thule Bike Rack
- Q&A: Bike Rack List for Use On a Towed Vehicle and Motorhome
- Q&A: Hitch Pin Hole To Face Measurement For The etrailer Trailer Hitch Receiver # e98855
- Article: How to Carry Bikes While Towing a Travel Trailer
- Article: What is an RV-Approved Bike Rack? (And Do You REALLY Need One?)
- Article: How to Choose a Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack
- Article: Roof-Mounted Watersport Carriers
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Article: Carrying Bikes While Towing a 5th Wheel Camper Trailer