bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended Air Helper Spring Suspension for Carrying Slide In Camper w/ 2000 Ford F250


I have 2000 Ford F250 Super Duty 4wd. Rear tire and frame is around 9 or 10 inches apart. I need to figure out which part # for a kit Firestone Ride rite. It is for my future slide camper. I dont think Ill be towing fifth wheel in the future. I have on my truck, rubber bumper stop on the frame which has rivets instead of bolts. Do I have grind it off or? I really dont want to drill any holes. Any help is appreciated.


Expert Reply:

I'd recommend the Firestone Ride-Rite, part # F2550. You will need to remove the jounce bumper you described, but the collar shown in diagram I provided will be reused. Grinding off the head of the rivet would be the easiest way to remove it.

The # F2550 Ride-Rite kit uses existing holes in your truck's frame, so drilling won't be necessary. If you click the provided link, you can see an install video showing the kit being installed on a 2002 F250.

You might also be interested in an on-board compressor system like part # F2158. A compressor system would allow you to add or remove air from the springs by pushing a switch in the truck cab, instead of looking for a gas station where the compressor still works. I'll link you to a video showing the compressor being installed.

click to enlarge
expert reply by:
Mike L

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>