Fifth Wheel Rail Install Kit Recommendation for a 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 5-1/2 ft Bed
Will the Curt C16413-204 custom installation bed rail kit accept the Reese 14K 5th wheel hitch/yoke/plate? In simply looking at it and the Reese rails they appear to have the same patterns. Just checking. The Curt C15413-204 custom installation kit video shows a 2012 GMC Sierra 2500. Does this kit fit equally well on the 1500 Crew Cab with 5foot 8inch box? Or is that chassis missing all the necessary pre configured holes that are in the truck in the video? Thanks in advance
asked by: Robert P
The Curt Install Kit with Rails, # C16411-204, that you referenced is designed to fit all hitches that are designed to fit industry standard fifth wheel rails. So yes, your Reese 14k hitch will fit this kit.
However, this rail kit isn't designed to fit your 2012 GMC Sierra with a 5-1/2 foot bed, instead you would want the part # RP50064-58. This is a very similar custom install kit that will work on your vehicle.
Since your truck bed is so short you will need to use a Sidewinder pin box on your trailer so that you will have enough clearance to make tight turns.
Sidewinders are pin box specific so you will first need to know what pin box you have know in order to pick out the correct one.
There should be a sticker or a stamping on the OEM pin box of the trailer that will list the pin box number that is on the trailer.
Once you figure out which pin box you have you can check the FAQ I attached that has a chart that shows the correct Sidewinder to get based on which pin box you have.
If you cannot find the number you can use the measurements of the bolt holes of the pin box to determine which one you have. I attached an FAQ on how to do this for you to check out also.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Fifth Wheel Installation Kit
- Above the Bed
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Will The RBW Lil Rocker 5TH Wheel Hitch Fit In a 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD?
- Article: Ram Trailer Tow Prep Package
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Q&A: Do Holes in the Frame of a 2016 Chevy Silverado 3500 get Used for Install of Fifth Wheel Rails
- Q&A: Best 5th Wheel Hitch That Works With The Lippert Turning Point Pin Box
- Article: Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Adapters
- Q&A: How To Install Fifth Wheel Hitch Rails In A Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Short Bed
- Q&A: Will B&W Companion Slider Base For Ford Fuper Duty Puck System Fit B&W Companion Head For Chevy
- Q&A: Is the Reese Elite Puck System for Chevy the Same Exact Configuration as the OEM GM Puck System?
- Q&A: Recommended 5th Wheel Rail Kit for a 2024 Chevy Silverado 2500
- Article: Sidewinder with Rotating Turret for Short Bed Pickups
- Article: 5th Wheel Hitch Installation | The Ultimate DIY Guide
- Article: Fifth Wheel Trailer Hitch Information and Installation Tips
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)