Will the Thule Spare Me 2 Bike Spare Tire Mounted Bike Rack it a 1996 RAV4
I see on your description that this will not fit the RAV4, but I dont have one of the newer models, I have a 96 and just eyeballing the parts, it looks like it will fit. Are you sure that this will not fit all RAV4s?
asked by: Charles
The Thule Spare Me 2 Bike Carrier - Spare Tire Mount, item # TH963PRO, is the correct spare tire mounted bike rack for your 1996 Toyota Rav4. This rack has been newly designed to fit many more vehicles than the older version, which will not work on the Toyota Rav4.
The issue with the Rav4 is that there is a flange that interferes with the mount on the older TH963XT. The new # TH963PRO is designed with the flange accounted for.
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Will the Yakima SpareRide Work With the Factory Backup Camera on a 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU
- Article: How to Choose a Spare-Tire-Bike Rack
- Q&A: How Tall is the Vertical Arm of the Thule Hitching Post Pro Hitch Mount Bike Rack
- Q&A: How to Choose a Hitch Mount Bike Rack for a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
- Q&A: Can the Surco Spare Tire 3-Bike Carrier be Installed Without the Spare Tire on a 2013 Jeep Wrangler
- Q&A: Camper Shell Roof Rack and Kayak Carriers for a Ford Pickup
- Q&A: Can Other Branded Cargo Carriers Be Used With The Hollywood Racks Sport Rider SE2 Bike Rack
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack for a Jeep Wrangler
- Q&A: Will 2021 Land Rover Defender Fit with Thule Spare Me 2 Bike Rack
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack That Will Clear a Rear Mounted Spare Tire or Bumper
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Flat Towing Package for 2007-2018 JK Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited
- Article: Big Truck Big RV
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit