Recommended 4-Bike Rack for Rear of 2013 Passport Ultra Lite Camper
I want to install a bike rack onto the back of my 2013 Passport Ultra lite camper. I am putting the hitch onto the frame rather than using the bumper. What rack wouldu suggest to carry 4 bikes in the most secure manner possible.
asked by: Jimmy P
Because of the bumpy ride experienced at the rear of a towed trailer, you'll want to use a bike rack that's specifically designed for use on the rear of a towed trailer.
The RV-suitable 4 bike rack of this sort I recommend most often is the Swagman XP # S64940 the rack is very strong and will withstand the bouncing and jarring experienced at the rear of an RV with no problem.
If you'll be transporting women's bikes or bikes with sharply-angled top tubes, you might also consider a frame adapter bar like part # 64005. The bar spans the distance between the handlebar gooseneck and the seat post, which provides a secondary attachment point for the bike rack. This allows the bike to be carried level, which maximizes ground clearance.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Spare Tire Bike Racks
- Trunk Bike Racks
- Adapter Bar
- 24-3/8 - 33-3/4 Inch Long
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Recommended 3 Bike Trunk Mount Rack For A 2020 Buick Enclave
- Looking for the Perfect 4 Bike Rack for a 2011 Honda Odyssey
- Will the Swagman XP RV Bike Rack for 4 Bikes Clear a Rear Spare Tire
- Available 4 Bike Racks Suitable For Use on Rear of 5th Wheel Trailer
- Does the Swagman XP # S64940 Include an Anti-Rattle Bolt
- Trailer Hitch Mount Bike Carrier for Cruiser Bike and Childrens Bikes on a 2014 Jeep Patriot
- Will Swagman XP 4 Bike Rack S64940 Safely Mount to the Back of a 26 Foot Travel Trailer
- Trailer Hitch Mount Bike Rack Recommendation for Use Behind a Travel Trailer
- 4-Bike Carrier Recommendation For A 28-Foot Tandem Axle Travel Trailer
- Available 4-Bike RV-Approved Hitch Bike Racks
- Can a Bike Adapter Bar # 64005 Be Used on a Bike Rack at the Back of a 5th Wheel Trailer
- 4-Bike Rack for Hitch for Rear of Fifth Wheel Trailer
- Can the Swagman XP Bike Rack be Used on a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder
- Recommendation for Bike Rack to Haul 4 Bikes on Camper Using Ultra-Fab 2
- Hitch Bike Rack Compatibility With Travel Trailer
- Recommended Bike Rack for Towing with Tear Trailer
- RV-Approved Bike Rack for Use on Small Tear Camper Trailer
- Can the Swagman Adapter Bar Be Used with the Swagman XP Bike Rack
- Recommended 2 or 4 Bike Carrier for 2" Receiver on 2021 Grand Design Solitude
- Can I Use the Swagman XP Hitch Bike Rack on an RV or Fifth Wheel Trailer?
- Swagman 4-Bike Rack for Use Behind Fifth Wheel RV
- Trailer Hitch Mount Bike Rack Recommendation for Use on a 5th Wheel Trailer
- Recommended Bike Rack Options for Rear of Camper Trailer
- Recommended Hitch-Mounted 4-Bike Rack for RV
- Trailer Hitch Mount 4-Bike Rack Recommendation for 1 Mens Bike and 3 Girls Bikes
- Trailer Hitch Mount Bike Rack for a Frame Mounted Trailer Hitch on a Trailer
- Is the Swagman XP, Non-Folding Bike Carrier Rated for Use Behind an RV or Trailer
- Bumper Mount Trailer Hitch fora 4 Inch Steel Trailer Bumper and Swagman XP Bike Rack
- Why Cant Swagman Quad 2+2 Bike Rack Be Used on Rear of Motorhome