Can Tubeless Tires be Used on a Tube Tire Trailer Wheel
Can the tires be mounted on a rim that has tube-type tires on it now?
asked by: Charles
You could use a tubeless tire in place of a tube tire. However when you use a tube with a tubeless tire it will cause the tires to generate excessive heat. And heat is the number one enemy of tires. Based on this it is not recommended.
It is possible to use a tubeless tire on a wheel designed for tube tires without a tube. The wheel has to be a one-piece wheel that has a hole for a valve stem and a flap to help seal the tire to the wheel.
I have included a link to our tire and wheel main page for you and a link to our help article on trailer tires.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- How Do I Know If My 10k AL-KO/Hayes Brake Caliper Is For The Right Or Left Side Of A Trailer
- Is The Furrion 34" FF34SC15A-BL Fireplace Available?
- Recommended Hitch and Cargo Carrier for a 2021 Ford Bronco Sport
- What Replacement Parts Do I Need For My Solera Awning
- Choosing a Spare Tire Cover to Fit Your Tire
- How To Replace A Broken Wheel Stud
- Power Adapter for Furrion Camera Systems on 2022 Silverado and Sierra Trucks
- Replacement Disc Brake Caliper Needed For A 10,000 Pound Hayes Axle
- Choosing Between Curt TruTrack & Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution Systems for Keystone Travel Trailer
- Fit and Adjustability of Roof Rack for 2012 Prius V wagon
- Replacement Tail Light for a 2020 Jayco Redhawk Motorhome
- Is There A Storage Container Option That Will Go Under The Lippert SolidSteps?
- Replacement Key for Bauer AE Series Lock
- Front and Rear Air Bag Suspension and Onboard Air Compressor for a 2022 Thor Quantum KW29 motorhome
- Trailer Hitch for 2023 Kia Sportage EV
- Tire Grip Vehicle Traction Recovery Tracks for Boat Ramp Use
- Recommended Replacement Divider Latch for Horse Trailers
- Bright LED Clearance Light for Side of Horse Trailer for Visibility
- B&W Companion Replacement Base for Ford Prep Package
- How To Haul A Motorcycle On The Front Of My 2017 Nissan NV3500
- Correct Snow Tire Chains For A 2010 Honda CRV
- Replacement Inner And Outer Bearing With Seal For A 1998 Kwik Kamp Camper Trailer
- Replacement For A 57915.331 Dometic Duo-Therm AC Unit
- Suspension Upgrade for 2015 Keystone Carbon 347
- Recommending A Replacement Hub And Bearings For A 2019 Forest River Wildwood Toy Hauler
- Replacement Base Assembly for Thule Xporter Pro Ladder Rack
- Axle Lift Kit For A 2022 Forest River 29TE
- Recommended Air Bag Suspension Kit for a 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD