bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

How to Route a 12 Volt Wire to Back of Vehicle for Camera Installation


I need a hot wire at the back of truck 2002 ford e250 for a camera that I need to work all the time not only for backing up I do have a working trailer hitch Thanks


Expert Reply:

To get a 12 volt wire run to the back of your 2002 Ford E-250 you will need to run a length of 10 gauge wire like part # 10-1-1 (sold by the foot), from the positive post of the vehicle battery back to the rear of the vehicle.

When routing the wire you will want to be careful of any pinch points or hot exhaust pipes that would damage the wire.

expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>