Do I Need to add Transmission Fluid after Installing a Derale Series 8000 Plate-Fin Cooler
First of all want to compliment you guys on the terrific videos you produce to compliment your products. The videos and overall professionalism of your website are the reason I ordered from you and not one of your competitors. In regards to the installation of this transmission cooler, would you anticipate me needing to add any transmission oil after completing installation? The video shows a little oil coming out when you remove hose from stock radiator, but since the system isnt under pressure when your working on it Im guessing lost oil will be minimal? Please advise. Thanks so much!
asked by: Brian U
Thank you for the feedback as we strive to provide above and beyond customer service.
The amount of transmission fluid needed, if any, after installing the Derale transmission cooler # D13503 will vary vehicle to vehicle because not all installations are the same. Once you complete the install, start the engine and put in gear for a few seconds, then return to park and check for any leaks. Check the fluid level with engine still running and add fluid as needed.
The overall dimensions of the Derale # D13503 are 11-inches wide x 8-3/4 inches tall x 7/8 inches deep.
To avoid cutting and flaring transmission lines I recommend using the snap-in hose fitting # D13035 which connects your radiator to transmission cooler.
Take a look at the informative articles and video review I included.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Transmission Coolers
- Radiator Adapters
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Video: Transmission Cooler Installation - 2006 Honda Odyssey
- Shop: Transmission Cooler
- Shop: Suspension Enhancement
- Shop: Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System
- Q&A: Does Extra Transmission Fluid Need to be Added After Installing a Supplement Transmission Cooler
- Video: Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement Installation - 2016 Honda Odyssey
- Shop: SumoSprings Solo Custom Helper Springs - Rear Axle
- Q&A: Is Transmission Cooler Needed for 2017 Honda Odyssey EX Towing 1100-lb Tent Trailer
- Video: Transmission Cooler Installation - 2013 Honda Odyssey
- Shop: Derale Series 8000 Plate-Fin Transmission Cooler Kit w/Barb Inlets - Class III - Efficient
- Shop: Derale Combination Transmission and Engine Oil Cooler with Multiple Threads
- Shop: Derale Tube-Fin Engine Oil Cooler Kit w/ Spin-On Adapter (Multiple Threads) - Class III
- Shop: Furrion Vision S Wireless RV Backup Camera w/ Night Vision - Rear Mount - Black - Qty 1
- Shop: Replacement Shark Fin Camera Mounting Bracket for Furrion Vision S RV Camera Systems - Black - Qty 1
- Q&A: How to Find Transmission Return Line on Toyota RAV4 for Cooler Install
- Q&A: How to Identify Transmission Fluid Return Line for Installing Supplemental Cooler
- Video: Review of Derale Insta-Dapt Radiator Adapter - D13004
- Video: Derale Series 8000 Transmission Cooler Review
- Video: Derale Transmission Coolers - Plate-Fin Cooler - D13613 Review
- Q&A: Combination Engine Oil and Transmission Fluid Cooler Recommendation for a 2007 Toyota 4Runner
- Video: Derale Engine Oil Cooler Installation - 2009 Dodge Ram
- Q&A: What You Need To Tow A Trailer With A 2017 Toyota Rav4
- Shop: Vehicle Air Mattress
- Shop: Trailer Hitch
- Search Results: timbren
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Article: Most Popular Wheel Bearings
- Search Results: trailer brake controller
- Shop: Trailer Wiring