Fifth Wheel Hitch Recommendation for a 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Short Bed with B and W Turnover Hitch
Hello I have a 2012 dodge 2500 with 35inch tires. I have a BandW hitch with a 4inch offset ball im using now. have you run across this combo yet? last summer I bumped my cab and caught it just in time before any damage was done. ive noticed some of the pin boxes are made a little different. I want to use an offset but dont want to hit my bed rails or tail gate. please let me know what you have to offer. I guess my other option would be trade my camper for the Open Range which is made to pull with a short bed truck. thanks for your time.
asked by: Joey R
I am a little bit confused by your setup since at first it sounds like you have a gooseneck hitch with a 4 inch offset ball, but then you mentioned pin boxes on trailers which would indicate a fifth wheel hitch setup. Also, nearly all camper trailers are fifth wheel setups.
Since you have a B and W gooseneck hitch your best setup would be to go with a Companion Slider hitch part # BWRVK3400 that will install in the gooseneck hitch you have and will allow you the needed clearance for making sharp turns with your short bed truck.
Going with an Open Range trailer that has the cut outs in the nose of the trailer is another option as well since it would give you the clearance needed without having to use a slider hitch.
Since you mentioned some pin boxes being different I also attached a help article on Sidewinders.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Gooseneck and Fifth Wheel Adapters
- Adapts Truck
- Gooseneck Hitch to Fifth Wheel Trailer
- No Offset
- 20000 lbs GTW
- Connects to Gooseneck Hole
- Adjustable Height
- Hitch Adapters
- B and W
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Can the Mounting Post On the B&W Companion Be Extended To fit a Recessed Gooseneck?
- 5TH Wheel Hitch For 2019 Ram 2500 Short Bed With Gooseneck Ball Installed
- Correct B&W 5th Wheel Hitch for a 2012 Ford F-350
- Recommended 5th Wheel Hitch Compatible with 6-1/2 Foot and 8 Foot Bed with B&W Turnoverball Hitches
- Does B and W Companion Slider BWRVK3400 Fit 2015 GMC Sierra 3500 Without Puck System
- Can I Use a B&W Companion Slider from 2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 in a 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500
- Is There a B and W Companion Slider Hitch that Fits Turnoverball Gooseneck Hitch
- Recommendation for Towing Fifth Wheel and Gooseneck Trailer with 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
- B&W Companion 5th Wheel Slider Package Contents
- Recommended 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch for a 2019 Ram 1500 6-1/2 Bed with the New Body
- Is The B&W Companion Slider 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch Adapter Compatible With My Turnover Ball
- Is There A Way To Connect My Gooseneck Trailer To A 5th Wheel Hitch?
- Fifth Wheel Hitch Recommendation for 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Short Bed with B and W Gooseneck
- What Sliding Fifth Wheel Hitch Can Fit B and W Turnoverball Gooseneck in 2018 Ram 2500
- Comparing the B&W Companion Slider Adapter BWRVK3400 and RVK3400
- Is a 1-1/4 Inch Ball Mount Available With a 6 Inch Rise
- Distance Forward of Gooseneck Ball Hole B and W Companion Hitch BWRVK3400 Extends
- Base Of B&W Companion Slider Will Not Reach Bed Floor
- Comparing the B&W Companion and Curt E16 5th Wheel Hitches for a 2016 F-350 W/ B&W Gooseneck Hitch
- Range of Adjustability that the B and W Companion Hitches Have
- Does a 2012 Dodge ram Mega Cab Dually Require a Slider 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch
- Which B&W Turnoverball Gooseneck Hitch Fits a 2012 Ram 2500 With Gasoline Engine?
- What is Difference Between B and W Companion BWRVK3400 and BWRVK3405
- Towing a 5th Wheel Trailer with a Short Bed Truck Using a B&W Gooseneck Trailer Hitch
- Do Extended Pin Boxes Allow Short Bed Trucks to Tow Fifth Wheel Hitch without a Slider
- Can B and W Companion Hitch be Used with a Sidewinder Pin Box
- Fifth Wheel Hitch and Rail Kit Fit for 2015 Ram 2500 Short bed without OEM Rail Kit
- How to Adjust B and W Companion Hitch in Truck Bed with Spray In Liner that Fits too Tight