Could the B and W Pintle Hook Mount # BWPMHD14005 Fit in Rise Position on a Jeep
Hello, I have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Do you know if part # BWPMHD14005 can be used in the rise position with the spare tire on the tailgate? They are stock Rubicon tires. The bumper and hitch are also stock, and the hitch sits just below the bumper. The shank appears long enough to clear the tire per my measurements, but Im worried that this plate will not fit due to the metal rise portion connecting the plate to the shank hitting the tire. Any help you can provide is appreciated. Thank you!
asked by: Tony
From the center of the hitch pin hole of the B and W Pintle Hook Mounts # BWPMHD14005 to the beginning of the support bracket the product measures 6-1/2 inches. You will need to measure from the center of your hitch pin hole out 6-1/2 inches to see where the bracket would be if this product was installed in the hitch of your 2013 Jeep Wrangler to determine if this would clear in the rise position or not.
For more measurements check out the review video I attached.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Pintle Hitch
- Pintle Mounting Plate
- 8000 lbs GTW
- 2 Inch Hitch Mount
- 14 Holes
- Standard Shank
- Tow Ready
more information >
- Q&A: Would Could Fix Excess Coupler Play with Demco EZ Latch Coupler
- Q&A: What are the Dimensions of the Global Link and Bauer Cam Door Latches?
- Q&A: Recommended Pintle Hook And Mount With 8 - 10 Inch Rise
- Q&A: Why Doesnt etrailer Hitch Lock # e98881 Have Shear Strength Capacity Listed
- Q&A: Trailer Hitch Receiver Fit For 2024 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 2500
- Q&A: How to Measure the Angle of Trailer A Frame To Determine if a 50 Degree A Frame Coupler will Fit
- Q&A: What Are The Dimensions of Redline A-Frame Trailer Coupler # CA5100B
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Trailer Hitch Receiver Sizes
- Article: Determining Trailer Tongue Weight
- Article: The 5 Best Trailer Drop Hitches You Can Buy
- Article: Pintle-Hitches
- Article: 5 Things to Know About Weight Distribution Hitches
- Article: 5 Tips to Confidently Choose Your Weight Distribution Hitch