How to Use the Trailer Taillight Kit # TL5RK on a Trailer Over 80 Inches in Width
TL5RK. Submersible, The title description said Under 80inch Trailer Light Kit with 25foot Wiring Harness and per your explanation Trailers that are over 80 inches wide are required to have two side marker lights, one on each side.inch but the packaged kit already includes 2 amber side markers then why this set cant be used for trailer over 80 inches width. Please explain. Thank you very much.
asked by: Tran
I attached a page that details all of the trailer lighting requirements that trailers need based on the dimensions of the trailer.
Most over 80 inch requirements are that there needs to be an amber clearance light in front of the fender as well as a red one behind it. Whereas below 80 inch only requires only the amber on the front.
Basically to use the # TL5RK on a trailer over 80 inches in width will require you to use a red clearance light as well # 30-17-814.
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: Trailer Tire Sizing
- Q&A: Replacement Axle And Leaf Springs For A 4' x 6' Single Axle Trailer
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 4-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Q&A: Could Shackle Bolt # 166081 be Used with CE Smith Suspension Hanger # CE14016G
- Article: How to Measure the Bolt Pattern of a Trailer Wheel
- Article: Most Popular Wheel Bearings
- Q&A: Picking Out Replacement Hub for Nitro Boat Trailer
- Q&A: Troubleshooting Amazon Trailer Leaf Springs Failing Within 100 Miles Of Use
- Q&A: How to Determine Replacement Trailer Wheel Bearing Sizes
- Q&A: Work Flood Light Fitment for 3-1/2" Wide x 2-1/4" High Spacing
- Q&A: U-Bolt Kit for Smaller Round Axle on Jet Ski Trailer
- Article: Slipper Spring Trailer Suspension System Review
- Article: Troubleshooting 4 and 5-Way Wiring Installations