Can E100 RV Bumper Trailer Hitch Receiver Mount on Top of Bumper
Can the E100 RV Bumper 2inch trailer hitch receiver be mounted on top of the bumper instead of underneath?
asked by: Wendy R
I spoke with my contact at Curt and she said the Curt RV Bumper 2" Trailer Hitch Receiver # E-100, is designed and tested to be installed with the receiver on the bottom of the bumper and due to stress and functionality is not designed to be used on top of the bumper.
Although the receiver is rated at 3500 lbs towing and 350 lbs of tongue weight, you will need to check the RV owners manual for the capacity of the bumper. If the capacity of the bumper is less than 3500 lbs or 350 lb of tongue weight, you will need to abide by the lower rating.
Products Referenced in This Question
- RV and Camper Hitch
- Bumper Mount Hitch
- 4 x 4 Inch Bumper
- 350 lbs TW
- 3500 lbs GTW
- 2 Inch Hitch
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Recommended Tire Chains For A 2024 Toyota RAV4
- Q&A: Will The Stromberg Carlson Trailer Tray Cargo Carrier Have Enough Clearance Over The Propane Tanks
- Q&A: Bolt Hole Dimensions of Buyers Products RV Bumper Receiver Hitch
- Q&A: Hitch Recommendation for 2019 Winnebago Micro Minnie Travel Trailer
- Q&A: Hitch Pin to Use with etrailer RV Bumper Hitch part # e38HR
- Article: How to Measure the Bolt Pattern of a Trailer Wheel
- Article: Must-Have Flat Towing Components
- Q&A: Comparing the Yakima HoldUp and Yakima HoldUp EVO
- Article: How to Choose a Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack for a Truck
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: What Is The Speed Rating in Mile Per Hour for L on Trailer Tires?
- Article: Hitch Adapters and Extenders
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class