bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended Gooseneck Adapter for Recessed Gooseneck  


I have a gooseneck adapter on my 1992, 27foot trailer, but I changed trucks from a fleetside to a flatbed. The ball is recessed below the bed. It is difficult to position the current adapter clamshell type into the recessed area and then back in or out. Decided to go with something like the Ranch Hitch or the Conver-a-ball with the offset unfortunately it is a shot bed. I dont think the offset will work with the recessed ball. What other options do I have?


Helpful Expert Reply:

The Convert-A-Ball Cushioned 5th-Wheel-to-Gooseneck Adapter w/ Offset, part # CAB-C5GX1216, is going to be your best choice if it will work with the recessed gooseneck hitch on your Hillsboro flat bed.

I took some measurements and found that from the farthest edge of the adapter (see image) to the center of the offset ball coupler is 12-1/2 inches. If you have more than 12-1/2 inches from the center of the ball to the edge of the recessed box it looks like these couplers will work for your application.

expert reply by:
Chris O
click to enlarge

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>