bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

How to Tow a Trailer Designed for a Harley Streetbike with a Vehicle with a 4-Way


Hi, Ive been searching many stores here in the Twin Cities without luck. A guy a OReillys and a guy at Fleet Farm recommended Seems like Ive seen a million trailer wiring apparatuses and adaptors in the past 2 days and I still havent found what I need and I cant believe somebody doesnt make and sell it. I have a Jeep with the 4 pin flat and a small motorcycle camper trailer normally pulled by my Harley that has the 6 pin round. So Im looking for a simple adaptor that would connect these two. Is there such a thing? Im hoping to not do any wiring work on the Jeep.


Expert Reply:

We have what you would need to make the adapter you would need, but we don't sell one ready to go.

What you will first need is the # PK12720 for your trailer to plug into, next you will need a signal converter to take the combined signal of your Jeep's 4-way to the separate signal of your trailer. For that you would want the # C56196. Lastly, you would need # HM48110 for a 4-way to plug into the Jeep 4-way.

When connecting the converter to the 4-way the wires will match up color for color, you will notice that the brown wire is not used on the converter. It will go straight to the 6-way. That signal and the rest of the wires on the output side of the converter will get run to the new 6-way according to the diagram I attached.

click to enlarge
expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>