Engine Oil Cooler Recommendation For 1990 GMC Pickup Truck With 4.3 Engine
I need an engine oil cooler set, that will fit the filter housing of my resto-modded 1990 gmc 4.3 liter engine, standard transmission 5speed. It uses a PH3980 Fram number filter size if that helps.
asked by: Travis G
I did some research and found the thread diameter for the Fram oil filter PH3980 is 18 mm x 1.5 mm.
The Derale Engine Oil Cooler, part # D15502 has multiple sleeve nuts and that is one of the thread sizes it is designed to fit so this will work great for you.
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Lighting and Wiring Options for Flat-Towing a Jeep Wrangler Behind a Motor Home
- Q&A: Recommendation For Transmission Cooler on 2005 Ford Excursion 6.8L / V-10
- Q&A: Is Another Connector Needed For Curt Tow Bar Extension Cord w/ Socket C39HR
- Q&A: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Demco Base Plate Kit
- Q&A: Recommended Oil Cooler for a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer 4.2 Liter I-6 Engine
- Q&A: Does Derale Stacked Plate Oil Cooler Kit # D15602 Come with Thermostat Bypass
- Article: Frequently Asked Questions About Transmission Coolers
- Q&A: Does Steering have to be Locked out to Flat Tow a Vehicle Behind a Motor Home
- Article: Ram Trailer Tow Prep Package
- Article: Engine Oil Coolers
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: 2 Steps for Finding the Right Weight Distribution Hitch Size
- Article: Breakaway Kit Installation for Single and Dual Brake Axle Trailers
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit