Spare Tire Bike Rack Recommendation for a 2008 Toyota Rav4
I am wondering if the surco spare tire mount will fit my 2008 toyota rav 4.
asked by: Jeannine
I spoke to my contact at Surco and she informed me that the Surco Spare Rack part # BT300 won't fit your 2008 Toyota Rav4 without modification to the mounting plate for the spare at the rear. She said there is a lip on the plate that interferes with the install of this carrier. If you could remove that lip the rack would fit.
Thule lists their Spare Me part # TH963PRO as a fit without any modification. I attached an install video that shows this rack being demoed on a similar RAV4 for you to check out as well.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Spare Tire Bike Racks
- Frame Mount - Anti-Sway
- 2 Bikes
- Bike and Rack Lock
- Dual Arm
- Hanging Rack
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Can the Surco Spare Tire 3-Bike Carrier be Installed Without the Spare Tire on a 2013 Jeep Wrangler
- Article: How to Choose a Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack for a Motor Home or RV
- Q&A: What Rear Mounted Bike Rack Will Fit On 2005 Honda CRV With Outside Mounted Spare Tire
- Q&A: Will the Thule Passage 3 Bike Trunk Mount Bike Rack Fit my 2008 Jeep Patriot
- Q&A: Installation/Removal of the Surco BT300 On a Jeep Wrangler
- Q&A: Recommended Trailer Hitch for 2018 Honda CR-V
- Q&A: Comparing Draw-Tite and Curt 2 inch Trailer Hitches for a 2019 Honda CR-V
- Q&A: Pull-Rite Capture Plate for a Rota-Flex
- Article: How to Choose a Spare-Tire-Bike Rack
- Article: What Do I Need To Tow A Trailer?
- Article: What is an RV-Approved Bike Rack? (And Do You REALLY Need One?)
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack That Will Clear a Rear Mounted Spare Tire or Bumper