How Much Additional Oil Is Needed For Derale Engine Oil Cooler With 10 Feet Of Hose
How much oil does this kit add? With the using all 10ft of the hose as well. I used 8ft roughly but I figure thats easier to figure out. The engine is 4.5quarts with filter I added 5.5quarts and it seems like thats not quite enough the oil being hard to read being so clear Ty for youre time.
asked by: Travis G
I called my contact at Derale and they told me that the engine oil cooler, part # D15502 will hold about 7 ounces of oil.
they also said that 10 feet of hose could possibly hold another 7 ounces, so that means the system would total about 14 ounces of oil. A quart of additional oil seems like an excessive amount to account for this cooler system.
The instructions say you should install the unit and then start the engine to check for leaks. It then states to check the oil level and add oil as needed.
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Lighting and Wiring Options for Flat-Towing a Jeep Wrangler Behind a Motor Home
- Q&A: Recommendation For Transmission Cooler on 2005 Ford Excursion 6.8L / V-10
- Q&A: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Demco Base Plate Kit
- Q&A: Is Another Connector Needed For Curt Tow Bar Extension Cord w/ Socket C39HR
- Q&A: Does Derale Stacked Plate Oil Cooler Kit # D15602 Come with Thermostat Bypass
- Q&A: Recommended Oil Cooler for a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer 4.2 Liter I-6 Engine
- Article: Frequently Asked Questions About Transmission Coolers
- Q&A: Does Steering have to be Locked out to Flat Tow a Vehicle Behind a Motor Home
- Article: Ram Trailer Tow Prep Package
- Article: Engine Oil Coolers
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: 2 Steps for Finding the Right Weight Distribution Hitch Size
- Article: Breakaway Kit Installation for Single and Dual Brake Axle Trailers
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit