Recommended Hitch-Mount Bike Carrier For Back Of Travel Trailer
I read on your website that only certain hitch mounted bike racks are recommended for use behind a travel trailer because of greater bouncing but I cannot find which ones these are. Can you help? Thank you.
asked by: William B
We do have a bike carrier that is designed to be able to work with a trailer hitch on the rear of a trailer.
For a carrier that is easier to load and unload I recommend a platform-style bike carrier like part # S44FR. This carrier fits 2 inch receiver openings and has a 2-bike capacity up to 45 lbs per bike. It will accommodate bikes with a wheelbase up to 52 inches and with a tire width up to 3 inches. I have attached a product review video for this bike rack.
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Why Cant Some Bike Racks be Used on the Back of an RV or Trailer
- Q&A: Does the Kuat NV 2.0 Work with Bikes with Fenders?
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Article: How to Carry Bikes While Towing a Travel Trailer
- Q&A: Recommended Bike Rack For Use Behind a 5TH Wheel, GMC Truck and Toyota Venza With 2" Receivers
- Q&A: Recommended Bike Rack Compatible With Bikes With Front Fenders
- Q&A: Recommended Bike Rack for Two Electra 2.0XP Step Thru Bikes
- Article: Trailer Hitch Receiver Sizes
- Article: Bike Racks, Carriers, and Accessories
- Q&A: Do I Need to Use a Bike Frame Adapter Bar for a Womens Bike when Using the Swagman Current?
- Q&A: Recommended Bike Carrier For A Hey Bike E-Bike With Fenders
- Article: What is an RV-Approved Bike Rack? (And Do You REALLY Need One?)
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Fat Bikes