bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

How to Pick Out a Replacement Vent Cover Lid for an Enclosed Trailer


I have a 1973 Rol-lite. It is 16foot and has 2 crank style roof vents. I need to replace the covers. The trailer is 2 hours away at my property. Do you know what cover it would need. I think it was made by Larson before they made boats. I would be thankful for any information. Thank you.


Expert Reply:

I wish there was a database that had all of the replacement parts for older trailers like yours, but the only way I can recommend a replacement cover for you trailer would be to have you check out and measure yours first so you can compare it to what we have.

The best way to find the correct replacement vent cover for your Pace cargo trailer is to measure the vent. Most standard vents are 14-1/4 by 14-1/4 inches wide, 14 x 14 inches wide or 13 x 14 inches wide. Next if the manufacturer name is on the vent that will help. Finally, you will need to look closely at the hinged portion of the vent.

If there is a rolled metal hinge attached to the vent cover like on the Ventline Replacement Smoke Dome Assembly, part # BV0554-03, that you referenced, then that is most likely the correct vent for your trailer as long as the measurement matches. There are also vent covers with plastic snap-in style hinges and different raising and lowering arm styles.

Basically the easiest way to select the correct replacement cover is to remove the existing cover and match the hinge and lift bracket to the photos on our site along with the dimensions. A link to all of the replacement vent covers is provided to match up with your cover.

I have included a graphic of the various hinges for you to compare.

click to enlarge
expert reply by:
Jameson C

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>