Recommended Yakima Rooftop Cargo Basket for 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe
The Yakima website doesnt list the Yakima Megawarrior as fitting the 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe, only the smaller Loadwarrior. Can you confirm? I saw a video on your site fitting the Loadwarrior to a SantaFe of the model range.
asked by: Josh
The Yakima MegaWarrior Extra Large Roof Rack Cargo Basket # Y07080 will fit on your Santa Fe's roof rack crossbars - whether factory-installed or aftermarket - as long as their crossbar center-to-center spread is between 30- and 38-inches. Due to the large size of this basket you will probably have rear hatch interference when opening the rear door. The smaller Load Warrior # Y07070 will fit your factory roof bars if their center-to-center spread is between 24- and 32-inches. This 44-inch-long basket will not interfere with opening your rear hatch.
You can certainly use a larger basket if you don't mind the potential hatch interference and if your vehicle roof has the weight capacity to let you take full advantage of the greater capacity. Keep in mind that the basket's own weight, plus the weight of your loaded cargo, must remain within the vehicle's specified weight capacity. This is usually noted in your owner's manual or is available from your local dealership if you provide your car's VIN (vehicle identification number).
The MegaWarrior basket weighs 35-lbs. So if your owner's manual states the Santa Fe can handle 100-lbs total roof weight, then after subtracting the basket's 35-lb weight you have a remaining cargo weight capacity of 65-lbs. This vehicle limit applies even if the basket itself can handle much more weight - 130-lbs total in the case of the MegaWarrior.
Often customers that use rooftop cargo solutions choose to add a tire step like # HE4040 for easier access. The Topline comes fully assembled and simply slips over a rear tire for an instant height advantage for loading and unloading.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Truck Bed Step
- Tire Step
- Fold-Up Step
- 400 lbs
- 10 Inch Wide
- Heininger Holdings
more information >
- Roof Basket
- Cargo Basket
- Factory Bars
- Round Bars
- Square Bars
- Short Length
- Small Capacity
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers
- Q&A: Troubleshooting Fit Of Yakima Megawarrior Roof Basket On 2016 Ford Explorer
- Q&A: Recommended Low Profile Rooftop Cargo Bag
- Q&A: What is the Length of the Side Straps on the Rhino-Rack Rooftop Cargo Bag?
- Q&A: Can Yakima SlimShady Roll-Out Awning Y07409 Attach to MegaWarrior Rooftop Cargo Basket
- Article: Snow Tire Chain Overview: How to Buy the Right Tire Chains
- Q&A: Aero Roof Rack for 2019 Nissan Titan XD Crew Cab for Transporting Skis and Kayaks
- Q&A: What Are The Roof Racks That Come With The Nucamp Boondock Tab 320s Travel Trailer Called?
- Q&A: Can Yakima Offgrid Roof Cargo Basket Fit Rhino Rack Vortex Aero Crossbars
- Article: Performance Chips and Modules
- Article: Roof Rack Information
- Article: How to Mount a Truck Bed Camper
- Article: The 5 Best Trailer Drop Hitches You Can Buy
- Article: Which Roof Rack Fits Your Vehicle? Depends on Your Roof