How to Pick Out Replacement Trailer Leaf Spring
I’ve recently purchased Macgregor 26S sailboat with the trailer. I don’t know how old the springs are so I’m looking into replacement parts. The trailer is using double eye leaf spring but the rear end does not have a hanger. The upper part of the shackle strap has a round bushing in it that rest on the frame but it is not attached to it. There is steal plate welded to the trailer frame that works like a stop. Image attached. Is this standard or should I add the rear hanger to this set up?
asked by: Richie N
The picture you sent in shows the rear of a leaf spring that shackle straps are used for securing the spring. This isn't a standard leaf spring setup, but it should work just fine.
To pick out a replacement spring you are going to need to take a few measurements. You are going to need to measure the length of the spring without any weight on it, and you are going to need to know the capacity of trailer/axles so that you pick out the correct rated spring.
Once you know that info you will need to check out the link I attached that has a page with all of the double eye springs we carry. You will need to select the spring that closely matches what you currently have in terms of dimension and capacity.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- How Do I Know If My 10k AL-KO/Hayes Brake Caliper Is For The Right Or Left Side Of A Trailer
- Is The Furrion 34" FF34SC15A-BL Fireplace Available?
- Recommended Hitch and Cargo Carrier for a 2021 Ford Bronco Sport
- What Replacement Parts Do I Need For My Solera Awning
- Choosing a Spare Tire Cover to Fit Your Tire
- How To Replace A Broken Wheel Stud
- Power Adapter for Furrion Camera Systems on 2022 Silverado and Sierra Trucks
- Replacement Disc Brake Caliper Needed For A 10,000 Pound Hayes Axle
- Choosing Between Curt TruTrack & Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution Systems for Keystone Travel Trailer
- Fit and Adjustability of Roof Rack for 2012 Prius V wagon
- Replacement Tail Light for a 2020 Jayco Redhawk Motorhome
- Is There A Storage Container Option That Will Go Under The Lippert SolidSteps?
- Replacement Key for Bauer AE Series Lock
- Front and Rear Air Bag Suspension and Onboard Air Compressor for a 2022 Thor Quantum KW29 motorhome
- Trailer Hitch for 2023 Kia Sportage EV
- Tire Grip Vehicle Traction Recovery Tracks for Boat Ramp Use
- Recommended Replacement Divider Latch for Horse Trailers
- B&W Companion Replacement Base for Ford Prep Package
- How To Haul A Motorcycle On The Front Of My 2017 Nissan NV3500
- Correct Snow Tire Chains For A 2010 Honda CRV
- Replacement Inner And Outer Bearing With Seal For A 1998 Kwik Kamp Camper Trailer
- Replacement For A 57915.331 Dometic Duo-Therm AC Unit
- Bright LED Clearance Light for Side of Horse Trailer for Visibility
- Suspension Upgrade for 2015 Keystone Carbon 347
- Recommending A Replacement Hub And Bearings For A 2019 Forest River Wildwood Toy Hauler
- Replacement Base Assembly for Thule Xporter Pro Ladder Rack
- Axle Lift Kit For A 2022 Forest River 29TE
- Recommended Air Bag Suspension Kit for a 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD