Does Thule Helium PRO 3-Bike Rack TH9043 Use a Bolt for a Hitch Pin
Hi, I just received a recommendation from you to pick the Thule Helium Aero 3 bike hitch carrier. I do have a follow-up question. Does the Saris need to be bolted onto the hitch in order to get anti-rattle? I am planning to frequently remove the carrier after use.
asked by: Ralf
The Thule Helium PRO, part # TH9043PRO uses an auto pin system to lock into the hitch receiver. You'll just slide the shank of the rack into the hitch receiver, and the locking pin will automatically slide into place. Then tighten the knob to take up any slack between the shank and the receiver. Use the key to lock the knob, and you're done. Easy as can be.
If you'll be transporting women's bikes or bikes with sharply-angled top tubes, you might also consider a frame adapter bar like part # 64005. The bar spans the distance between the handlebar gooseneck and the seat post, which provides a secondary attachment point for the bike rack. This allows the bike to be carried level, which maximizes ground clearance. I'll link you to a video showing how the adapter bar works.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Spare Tire Bike Racks
- Trunk Bike Racks
- Adapter Bar
- 24-3/8 - 33-3/4 Inch Long
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Recommended Hitch for Carrying a Bike Rack w/ a 2021 Nissan Rogue SL
- What 3-Bike Rack Do You Recommend for a 1-1/4 Class I Hitch on a 2013 Toyota Prius?
- Does The Thule Helium Fit My Jeep Wrangler 2021
- Will Thule Helium Aero 3 Bike Carrier # TH9043 Fit A 2013 Subaru Outback Wagon With Factory Hitch
- Hitch Recommendation for 2017 Subaru Forester
- Can 3 Bikes be Carried with the Thule Helium Pro 3 on a 2012-2013 Toyota Prius with 1-1/4 Receiver
- Carrying 3 Bikes on a 2015 Volkswagen GTI
- Trailer hitch Mount Bike Rack that Can Tilt with Bike Loaded
- Comparing the Original Thule Helium Bike Rack to the Thule Helium Aero Bike Rack
- Can the Thule Helium Aero 3 be Used to Carry 3 Bikes in a Class I Trailer Hitch Receiver
- Difference Between Thule Helium Pro 2 and Helium Pro 3
- Recommended Class III Hitch for Using Thule Helium Aero TH9043 Bike Rack on 2018 Honda CR-V
- What Does Thule Helium Use as Hitch Pin to Secure to Vehicle
- Bike Rack Recommendations for a 2011 Toyota Rav4
- Which Hitch Receiver Size is Better 1-1/4 inch or 2 Inch
- Can You Carry More Than 2 Bikes Using a Class I Trailer Hitch
- Recommended Hitch Mount Bike Rack for a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee with Factory Hitch Receiver
- Recommended Thule 3 Bike Rack Compatible With Class 1 Hitch On 2008 Honda Accord
- Bike Rack For 2021 Toyota Venza Factory Activity Mount
- Replacement Option For Thule Helium TH971XT With Discontinued Shank
- Thule Helium Aluminum 3 Bike Carrier Compatibility with a 2012 Subaru Outback 2.5
- Three Bike Trailer Hitch Mount Bike Rack Recommendation for a 2012 Volvo XC60
- Thule Helium Pro 3 Replacement Cable Lock
- What is the Difference Between the Thule Helium Pro # TH9043PRO and Thule Apex # TH9025XT?
- What is the Difference Between the Thule Helium Pro Vs Helium Aero 3 Bike Rack
- Options for Carrying Three Bikes with 1999 Acura CL
- What Platform Bike Rack do You Recommend for 3 Bikes on My 2013 Toyota Prius?
- Options for Carrying 3 Bikes on a 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT with a Class I Trailer Hitch
- Recommended Bike Rack for Carrying 3 Bikes Where One Bike Has 16 Inch Tires
- Recommended 3-Bike Rack to be Used on a Class IV Trailer Hitch Receiver