Can Spare Tire Cover of 2012 Rav 4 Be Installed Over Adapter Tube of Yakima SpareRide Bike Rack
can the spare tire cover be put back on OVER the extension for the bike rack?
asked by: Jean B
If the tongue that joins the adapter plate to the bike rack extends past the face of the tire, you wouldn't be able to re-install the spare tire cover.
The stock tires on your RAV 4 are likely smaller than P235, so it would use the short tongue. In that case, you most likely would be able to reinstall the cover. The short tongue measures 3-1/4 inches long. There's a measurement you can take to check this. Have a helper hold a yardstick or other straight edge across the face of the spare tire. Then, measure the distance from the rear mounting pad of the wheel that would touch the spare tire mount to the straight edge your helper is holding. If this distance is 3-1/4 inches or less, you'll be able to reinstall the spare tire cover with the adapter installed.
Featured Help Information
- Article: How to Choose a Spare-Tire-Bike Rack
- Q&A: Will Yakima SpareTime 2 Bike Carrier # Y02599 Allow Rear Glass to Open on 2007 Jeep Liberty
- Q&A: Opening the Rear Door with Bike Rack on 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
- Q&A: Best Spare Tire Mounted Bike Rack Comparison Thule Vs Yakima
- Q&A: Spare Tire Bike Rack Recommendation for Jeep Wrangler with Offroad Oversize Tire
- Q&A: 7-Way RV Trailer Connector Wiring Diagram
- Q&A: Are Additional Diodes Needed for Demco SBS Stay-IN-Play DUO Supplemental Braking System
- Q&A: Rear Support Bar Dimension on Hollywood Racks SR1 2-Bike Spare Tire Bike Carrier HRSR1
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack for a Jeep Wrangler
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack That Will Clear a Rear Mounted Spare Tire or Bumper
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: How to Choose a High-Low Adapter
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch