bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

In-Bed Trailer Connector For Slide In Truck Camper on 2007 Chevy Silverado New Body


I want to place a connector in the front of my 2007 1/2 ton silverados bed to connect my truck campers power to. My truck has the stock connector in the bumper. The camper has a Pollack 12705 receptacle . I also want a short cable to connect from camper to the truck. Part numbers is what I need. I think.


Expert Reply:

To install a 7-way in your truck bed, I'd recommend the Hopkins # 41157. This wiring harness would tap inline with the connection between the trailer wiring on the truck and the 7-way trailer connector.

For a male connector on the camper with a length of cable, I'd recommend a molded 7-way connector/cable from Hopkins, which is available in various lengths:

3 foot- # H20042
4 foot- # H20043
6 foot- # H20044
8 foot- # H20046

The product page for each of the connector/cables I recommended lists the wire color codes, which you can see by clicking the provided links. I'll also link you to an install video for the # 41157 wiring harness.

expert reply by:
Mike L

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>