bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

How to Pick Out Replacement Hub for Trailer


Hi. I have a 2006 Caravan boat trailer. Serial # 5KTBS19136F202979. I need the hub and spindle for it. Can you advise what part numbers those are and costs? Thanks.


Expert Reply:

To replace a spindle, the old one would need to be cut off, and the new one welded into place. This is NOT a job for the do-it-yourselfer. The new spindle must be absolutely square with the axle in order to prevent premature tire wear and wheel tracking problems. I would recommend finding a welder who is experienced with trailer axles. Your local RV dealer or repair facility could probably refer you.

You will need to go with a hub that matches the weight capacity needed and the bolt pattern of your current wheels. We can also figure out what would be an exact replacement for your trailer by determining what was originally on your trailer.

In order to pick out the correct hub assembly for a trailer you are going to need know a few key pieces of information. The first thing you will need to know is the bolt pattern of your hubs. This is so you get a hub that is compatible with your wheels. I attached an FAQ article on determining bolt pattern for you to check out.

Next thing you will need to know is what spindle you have on your trailer. In order to do that you can either get the inner and outer bearing numbers from a hub or use a dial or digital caliper to get exact measurements of the spindle. The measurements needed are the parts of the spindle where the bearings ride.

If you get back to me with that information I will help you pick out the right hub assemblies. Or, you can follow the link I attached that will take you to the page that has all of our replacement hubs.

You would want to first select the bolt pattern that you have, next select the inner bearing you have, followed by selecting your outer bearing, and then all the correct hubs will be listed.

Once we know what hub you would need we would be able to determine what the correct spindle would be.

click to enlarge
expert reply by:
Jameson C

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>