Will Yakima RidgeBack 2 Bike Rack # Y02457 Fit 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser and Allow Rear Door to Open
Will the Yakima Ridgeback, #Y02457, fit a 2012 FJ Cruiser Trail Team edition with the factory installed trailer hitch? Does it angle down enough to allow the back door to open? Thanks for the help.
asked by: Tony M
The Yakima RidgeBack 2 Bike Rack # Y02457 that fits both 1-1/4-inch and 2-inch hitches does tilt down for better access to the rear of your FJ Cruiser. We have not had a chance to test fit this particular rack on your particular vehicle but since it does tilt down about 45-degrees it will provide enough clearance for rear hatch opening on most vehicles. We have tested the rack on several SUVs (please see the linked videos) and when unloaded the rack's tilt is enough for full hatch opening. Since your hatch opens sideways you'll want to measure how far above the hitch it's bottom edge is.
Keep in mind that when your bikes are loaded the rack may not be able to tilt down as fully as when it is unloaded and this may mean the rear hatch does not have room to open. This will depend to an extent on the size of your particular bikes.
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Can Bikes with Fender Fit on RockyMounts AfterParty Swing Away Bike Rack
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between Class 1 and Class 2 Hitches for the Scion XB
- Q&A: How Much Assembly Is Required for the Thule Camber 2 Bike Rack
- Q&A: Using Class II Accessories on a Class I Hitch
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: How Much Does the Kuat Transfer V2 Weigh?
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Article: Rolling on a Budget: Top Wallet-Friendly Platform Bike Racks
- Q&A: What is the Best Hitch for a 2024 Hyundai Tucson?
- Article: How to Carry Bikes While Towing a Travel Trailer
- Article: What is an RV-Approved Bike Rack? (And Do You REALLY Need One?)
- Article: Carrying Bikes While Towing a 5th Wheel Camper Trailer
- Article: Trailer Hitch Receiver Sizes
- Article: Best RV Roof Vents