No Drill Fifth Wheel Rail Install Kit Recommendation for a 2015 Chevy Silverado 3500
Im buying a new 2015 Silverado 3500 DRW long bed. I pull a 5th wheel and need a new 5th wheel hitch. Question is about Curt installation kit C16413-204. I like the idea of not drilling the frame of my new truck. Is no drill because the Silverado frame already has the required holes?
asked by: Brad B
Helpful Expert Reply:
There are holes in the frame of your 2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 that the Curt fifth wheel install kit part # C16411-204 is designed to fit. That is why there is no drilling required to install this kit.
You will still need to drill through the truck bed. But that would be it. I attached an install video for this rail kit for you to check out as well.
For a fifth wheel hitch the Curt Q20 part # C16130 that you referenced would be an excellent choice as well.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Fixed Fifth Wheel
- Above Bed Rails
- 5000 lbs Vertical Load
- 20000 lbs GTW
- Cushioned 360-Degree
- Standard - Double Jaw
- 13 - 17 Inch Tall
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Will The RBW Lil Rocker 5TH Wheel Hitch Fit In a 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD?
- Article: Ram Trailer Tow Prep Package
- Q&A: Does Truck with 6-1/2 ft bed Have to Use Slider Hitch for Turning Clearance with Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Q&A: Do Holes in the Frame of a 2016 Chevy Silverado 3500 get Used for Install of Fifth Wheel Rails
- Q&A: Best 5th Wheel Hitch That Works With The Lippert Turning Point Pin Box
- Article: Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Adapters
- Q&A: Adapter to Use Curt Q24 Fifth Wheel Hitch in Bed of 2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 OEM Pucks
- Q&A: How To Install Fifth Wheel Hitch Rails In A Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Short Bed
- Q&A: Will B&W Companion Slider Base For Ford Fuper Duty Puck System Fit B&W Companion Head For Chevy
- Article: Sidewinder with Rotating Turret for Short Bed Pickups
- Article: 5th Wheel Hitch Installation | The Ultimate DIY Guide
- Article: Fifth Wheel Trailer Hitch Information and Installation Tips
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)