Can Spindle On Timbren Axle-Less Trailer Suspension System Be Reversed
Desinging a bed trailer for handling heavy, bulky items similae to safes. Regarding Timbren P/N ASR3500S05....3500lb axleless trailer suspension system. Is the spindle mounting bolt pattern uniform so the spindles can be mounted reversed so the spindle is on the same side as the nut extending from the Timbren unit...ie opposite side of the vertical frame mounting plate? Will this reverse mounting have any impact on wheel alignment? Is the Timbren unit adjustable for wheel alignment toe-in, camber, etc. or is it fixed? Are there actual Timbren mounting and alignment instructions available for downloading? Thanks.
asked by: Jim
Helpful Expert Reply:
You can reverse the mounting of the spindle mounting on the Timbren Axle-Less Trailer Suspension System, part # ASR3500S05. I verified this with my contact at Timbren.
The toe-in will need to be set when installing this system and it comes with shims that allow you to adjust the camber. The installation instructions that are included explain how these adjustments are made.
Featured Help Information
- Shop: Timbren Axle-Less Trailer Suspension - Standard Duty - No Drop - 4 Bolt Flange - 3,500 lbs
- Search Results: asr3500
- Q&A: How Much Space is Needed Between Fenders and Tires with Timbrem Axle-Less Suspension Installed
- Q&A: How to Determine Fender Clearance when Timbren Axle Less TASR5200S03 is Installed on Trailer
- Q&A: What Height is Recommended When Setting the Fender Height Above the Trailer Tire?
- Q&A: Difference Between Kodiak 3,500 lb Hub & Rotor Disc Brakes
- Q&A: How to Tell if a Trailer Spindle is Damaged or Needs to be Replaced
- Q&A: How to Pick Out Replacement Trailer Axle for Boat Trailer
- Q&A: Availability of Timbren Axle Less System part # ASR2000S02
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: Most Popular Wheel Bearings
- Article: Trailer Tire Sizing
- Article: Where to Position the Trailer Axle?
- Article: RV Sway Control, Stabilization, and Suspension Enhancement
- Article: Stability Control for Heavy Duty Vehicles
- Article: How to Measure a Trailer Axle