Trailer Hitch Recommendation for a 2015 Mazda 3 Hatchback
Hi, I want to do some light towing with my Mazda 3. I see hutches for sale, however, the car manual says so not tow tog this vehicle. So Im a little confused. Can the car handle light towing? Thanks for the help.
asked by: George A
The final authority for whether or not a vehicle can tow a trailer will be the owners manual for the vehicle. There are other uses for trailer hitches on vehicles that aren't rated to tow like your Mazda 3 Hatchback. Such as carrying bike racks or cargo carriers.
The Curt hitch part # C11377 has been confirmed as a fit for your 2015 Mazda 3 hatchback.
Curt requires the use of their stabilizer strap part # 18050 when using their hitch to carry a non-supported load like a bike rack. I attached a review video for you to check for the strap as well.
The most popular bike rack we carry that has been confirmed to fit this vehicle is the Swagman XTC2 Bike Rack part # S64670. This rack has a ton of positive reviews from our customers who have tried it. Check out the review video I attached for more info.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Hitch Cargo Carrier
- Tie Down Straps
more information >
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Platform Rack
- Folding Rack
- Frame Mount
- Locks Not Included
- 2 Bikes
- Class 2
- Fits 1-1/4 Inch Hitch
- Fits 2 Inch Hitch
- Fits 1-1/4 and 2 Inch Hitch
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Ground Clearance of the Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver on a 2017 Mazda 3
- Will Trailer Hitch Receiver On 2015 Mazda 3 iSport Sedan Bottom Out When Going Into Parking Garage?
- Recommended Trailer Hitch for Bike Rack On 2017 Mazda 3
- Towing Equipment Needed for a 2015 Mazda 3 Hatchback
- No Drill Trailer Hitch Recommendation for a 2015 Mazda 3 Hatchback
- Trailer Hitch that Fits 2016 Mazda 3 Hatchback Grand Touring S
- Recommended Trailer Hitch For 2015 Mazda 3 Hatchback with LED Lights
- Why Does Curt Say a Stabilizer Strap Is Needed for Some Hitches Carrying Bike Racks
- Can Curt Class I Hitch with 2 Inch Adapter Hold a Honda Grom on 2015 Mazda 3
- Parts Needed To Tow a Trailer With a 2014 Mazda 3 (All Models)
- Can 2 Inch Trailer Ball Be Used With Curt C11377 Class I Trailer Hitch on 2015 Mazda 3
- Will Curt Trailer Hitch C11377 Work For Carrying Bike Rack On 2018 Mazda 3 Hatchback?
- Installing Curt Class I # C11377 on 2014 Mazda 3
- Will Curt Trailer Hitch # C11377 Work with Class II Bike Rack on 2016 Mazda 3
- Will Curt Trailer Hitch Fit a 2016 Mazda 3 iSport
- Trailer Hitch for 2017 Mazda 3 Hatchback with 2,000 lb Trailer Weight Capacity
- Trailer Hitch and Bike Rack Recommendation for a 2015 Mazda 3 Grand Touring
- Trailer Hitch and Wiring for a 2015 Mazda 3s Hatchback with LED Lights
- Trailer Hitch for a 2015 Mazda 3 Hatchback to Carry 2 Bikes
- Are Trailer Hitches For 2014 Mazda 3 Different For LED Lights Versus Non-LED Lights
- Can you Tow a Trailer with a 2018 Mazda 3
- Compatibility of Curt Class I # C11377 and Swagman Trailhead # S63360 on 2014 Mazda 3 GT Sedan
- Ground Clearance Of The Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver On A 2018 Mazda 3 Sedan
- Frame Access Hole is Smaller on 2019 Mazda 3 Hatchback for Installing Curt Hitch C11377
- Trailer Hitch Fit Recommendation for 2017 Mazda 3 Hatchback
- Will Installing and Using a Trailer Hitch Affect the Tire Sensors on a 2014 Mazda 3 Hatchback
- Hitch Recommendation for a 2015 Mazda 3 Hatchback
- What Is The Best Way To Remove Bolts Installed Inside The Frame Using A Fish Wire?
- Replacement Mounting Hardware For Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver # C11377 On a 2016 Mazda 3