bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

How to Use Friction Sway Control Unit on Pickup with 2-1/2-Inch Hitch


I love my Reese 45322, I can tow anything the K3500 can handle with out a concern. Now we are buying a small travel trailer 17 ft Casita and I want to keep using a Reese 45322. The trailer folks insist that I use the friction anti-sway bar that comes with the trailer. My question is: How do I add anti-sway bracket with its 11/4 offset ball? Thanks for the expert advice.


Expert Reply:

The Reese # RP45322 ball mount fits 2-1/2-inch hitch receivers. We do offer add-on sway control brackets for 2-inch and 1-1/4-inch ball mounts, parts # RP26003 and # RP26005, that fit right over a ball mount and that are held in place with the hitch ball. We do not offer one of these to fit a 2-1/2-inch ball mount, however. But we do have a weld-on Sway Control Tab # 3442 that you can weld to your ball mount.

Another option is to user a hitch reducer sleeve # 58102 to convert your 2-1/2-inch hitch to a 2-inch. You can then use a 2-inch ball mount like # C45340 along with the sway bracket # RP26003.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>