XL Kodiak ProLube 1980 Castle Nut Washer Recommendation
I am trying to change my existing hubs, with the bearing numbers mentioned, to this kit. My problem is that the washer under the castle nut is bigger than the opening in the aluminum cap. Have checked and made sure all races are set correctly. Seal is drove in as far as possible. Any recommendations would be helpful.
asked by: Joe S
Do you have an overly large castle nut washer? It seems odd that the washer is too big to fit in the cap of the # XLPROLUBE1980KIT. Since this kit is designed for 3.5k axles the correct replacement washer should be the # 5-23. This washer should be very similar in size to the castle nut.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Trailer Spindles
- Spindle Washer
- 1 Inch I.D.
more information >
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Upgrading From Grease Filled Hubs To Oil Filled Hubs On a 3,500LB Axle
- 2005 Ranger Trail Boat Trailer Replacement Hub Bearings and Races for Oil Bath
- Solution for Needing Replacement Cap of Kodiak XL ProLube Kit XLPROLUBE1980KIT
- Kodiak Oil Bath Lube Kit For 3,500LB Lippert Axles
- Oil Bath Conversion Kit For 3,500 lb Axles
- Outer Diameter of Seal that Comes with Kodiak XL ProLube Kit for 3500-lb Axles XLPROLUBE1980KIT
- How Does Trailer with Oil Bath Hub Convert to Grease
- How to Switch From Grease Hubs to Oil Bath Hubs on 3500-lbs Axle
- Does Dust Cover of Kodiak XL ProLube Kit Install After Mounting Hub
- Where to Measure Spindle to Find the Correct Seal
- Converting to Oil Bath Hubs on #84 Trailer Spindle
- Replacement Oil Seals For A 2007 EZ Loader Single 3,700 Lb. Axle Trailer
- Parts Included in Kodiak XL ProLube Kit for 3500-lb Axles XLPROLUBE1980KIT
- Installation of Kodiak XL ProLube Kit
- What Type of Grease Seal Keeps Out Water the Best
- Can Grease Hubs on Shorelandr Trailer Be Converted to Oil Bath Hubs
- Can Regular Grease Trailer Hubs be Converted to Oil Bath Hubs
- Fit of Kodiak XLPROLUBE1980KIT on 3500 lb Spindles With 171255 Grease Seal
- Will the Kodiak XL ProLube Kit for 3500-lb Axles Work with EZ-Lube Spindles
- Can Grease Hubs be Converted to Oil Bath Hubs
- Adding Oil Bath Hub and Converting Drum Brakes to Disc On 2021 Grand Design Imagine Travel Trailer
- Parts Needed For Converting Grease Hub To an Oil Bath System On 3,500LB Axle
- How Does Oil Fill into Hub that Uses Kodiak XL ProLube Kit
- Water Contamination in the Kodiak XL ProLube Kit for 3500-lb Axles
- Determining if Kodiak XL ProLube Kit # XLPROLUBE1980KIT Will Work on Grease Hubs
- What Sealer Is Used For The Kodiak XL ProLube Kit # XLPROLUBE1980KIT?
- How to Determine the Correct Oil Bath Cap
- Would ProLube Kit for Boat Trailer # XLPROLUBE1980KIT work W Kodiak Disc Brake Assembly # K1HR35D
- Oil Bath Conversion Kit to Fit in Place of 442251 Seals