Differences in Tow Ready and Hopkins Wiring Harnesses for Mazda B Series Pickup
Whats the difference between wire harness 118325 vs Hopkins 40215?
asked by: Tom
The main difference between the Tow Ready # 118325 and the Hopkins # 40215 wiring harnesses is that the Hopkins # 40215 requires the harness to be grounded to the vehicle with the included self-tapping screw. The wiring harness needs to be grounded at a location where the sheet metal is doubled.
I recommend the Tow Ready T-One Vehicle Wiring Harness # 118325. This harness will have a much simpler installation since there it is a true plug-and-play wiring harness. Since the ground wire doesn't need to be attached to the vehicle frame, you will only need to plug the harness into the factory wiring system to install the harness.
If you can let me know the year of your Mazda B3000-series Pickup I will be happy to confirm if this wiring harness is a fit for your vehicle.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Custom Fit Vehicle Wiring
- Trailer Hitch Wiring
- Powered Converter
- Custom Fit
- 4 Flat
more information >
- Shop: Trailer Wiring
- Shop: T-One Vehicle Wiring Harness with 4-Pole Flat Trailer Connector
- Video: Tow Ready 4-Pole Mounting Bracket Installation
- Shop: Hopkins Plug-In Simple Vehicle Wiring Harness with 4-Pole Flat Trailer Connector
- Shop: Mounting Bracket 4-Pole Flat
- Q&A: Does Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch 13091 Require Drilling to Install on 2001 Ford Ranger
- Q&A: How to Install a 4-Way Trailer Connector on a 1994 Ford Ranger Truck
- Q&A: Recommended Trailer Hitch Receiver for 2004 Ford Ranger Edge
- Q&A: Distance from Mounting Surface to Bottom of Draw Tite Hitch part # 75082
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 4-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Article: Best Boat Accessories
- Q&A: How to Wire a Towed Vehicle With Seperate Turn and Brake Cicuits on Towing Vehicle
- Q&A: Connecting Brake Controller Wiring on 2019 Chevy Express Van 3500
- Q&A: How To Install 7-way Connector On 2010 Chevy Express Van 3500 Without Factory 7-way Connector Plug
- Article: Breakaway Kit Installation for Single and Dual Brake Axle Trailers
- Article: Towing a Trailer? Let's Talk About Brake Controllers
- Article: Troubleshooting 4 and 5-Way Wiring Installations
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: Stability Control for Heavy Duty Vehicles