Distance from Center of Adapter to Forward Edge on Curt X5 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Adapter
From the gooseneck ball to the front of the Curt X5 adapter, how much space do I need? I put in a toolbox that is bigger than I expected, and I am afraid the hitch wont fit.
asked by: Scott
On the Curt X5 adapter # C16210 it measures approximately 15 inches from the center of the gooseneck ball hole to the forward most edge of the adapter. If you do not have the space for this type of adapter I recommend a different type such as the Ranch Hitch # AM3100. I have linked a video review of this adapter for you.
I have also included a link to the adapter main page. From there you can view the various types of adapters. And I have included a link to our help article on towing 5th wheel trailers with a gooseneck hitch.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Gooseneck and Fifth Wheel Adapters
- Adapts Trailer
- Fifth Wheel Trailer to Gooseneck Hitch
- No Offset
- 24000 lbs GTW
- Bolts Over King Pin
- Adjustable Height
- King Pin Adapters
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Adapters
- Article: Adapters for Towing a 5th Wheel Trailer with a Gooseneck Hitch
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Q&A: Does Truck with 6-1/2 ft bed Have to Use Slider Hitch for Turning Clearance with Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Q&A: Recommended Gen-Y Hitch Shock Absorbing 5th Wheel Pin Box to Replace a Lippert Rhino
- Article: 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Adapters
- Q&A: What Is An OEM Prep Package And How Do I Know If I Have It
- Q&A: Comparing the Curt Q20 and the Curt A20 5th Wheel Hitches.
- Q&A: Determining Pin Weight And Compatbility Of A Gen-Y 5th Wheel Pin Box On A Toy Hauler Trailer
- Q&A: Determining The Correct Capacity Gen-Y 5th Wheel Pin Box For A Grand Design Momentum 397TH
- Q&A: Do I Have to Have a Sliding 5th Wheel Hitch in a Short Bed Truck
- Article: Best 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Adapters (2023)
- Article: Gooseneck Trailer Hitch Information and Review
- Article: Hitch Adapters and Extenders