How to Pick Out Replacement Vent Cover for a Trailer
sub-zero temperatures and heavy snow cracked 2 of the 3 roof vents What parts are needed for replacement
asked by: Richard L
Most likely we have what you are looking for but you will need to first determine what vent you have on your trailer.
The best way to find the correct replacement vent cover for your cargo trailer is to measure the vent. Most standard vents are 14-1/4 by 14-1/4 inches wide, 14 x 14 inches wide or 13 x 14 inches wide. Next if the manufacturer name is on the vent that will help. Finally, you will need to look closely at the hinged portion of the vent.
If there is a rolled metal hinge attached to the vent cover like on the Ventline Replacement Smoke Dome Assembly, part # BV0554-03, that you referenced, then that is most likely the correct vent for your trailer as long as the measurement matches. There are also vent covers with plastic snap-in style hinges and different raising and lowering arm styles.
Basically the easiest way to select the correct replacement cover is to remove the existing cover and match the hinge and lift bracket to the photos on our site along with the dimensions. A link to all of the replacement vent covers is provided to match up with your cover.
I have included a graphic of the various hinges for you to compare.
Featured Help Information
- Video: Review of Ventline RV Vents and Fans - Roof Vent - BVD0449-A01
- Shop: Vent Cover for Ventline Old-Style Rounded Dome Trailer Roof Vents - Smoke
- Shop: Replacement Dome Assembly for Ventline Ventadome Trailer Roof Vent - White - Wedge Shape - Plastic
- Q&A: Replacement Cover For A Ventline AS-13 M VA446
- Shop: MaxxAir UniMaxx Universal Replacement Lid for RV and Trailer Roof Vent - Translucent White
- Video: Ventline Ventadome Replacement Vent Installation
- Article: How to Replace an RV Roof Vent Cover
- Shop: Vent Cover for Ventline Old Style Rounded Dome Trailer Roof Vents - White
- Search Results: roof vent
- Q&A: How to Determine Which Trailer Roof Vent Cover will Fit a Trailer
- Shop: Suspension Enhancement
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Search Results: maxxair
- Q&A: Lug Nut Torque Chart for Trailer Wheels
- Video: Ventline Trailer Roof Vent Installation
- Shop: RV Roof Membrane
- Article: How to Measure for Travel Trailer and Fifth Wheel Steps
- Search Results: vent cover
- Shop: Trailer Hitch
- Q&A: Replacement Cover for Trailer Roof Vent AS-13 M-VD0449
- Search Results: vent
- Video: Review of Maxxair RV Vents and Fans - Roof Vent - MA00-04751KSX
- Q&A: Replacement Roof Vent Cover for Lid Marked AS-13M-VDO449 ANS Z26 1
- Shop: Trailer Wiring
- Shop: Replacement Dome Assembly for Ventline Ventadome Trailer Roof Vent - Smoke - Wedge Shape - Plastic
- Article: How to Replace or Install an RV Roof Vent
- Q&A: Can Generator Be Ran While Installed on MORryde RV Generator Slide Out Tray
- Shop: RV Air Conditioner
- Shop: Roof Vent Installation Kit - Sealant, Butyl Tape, Screws - White
- Article: Best RV Roof Vents