Will a Hopkins Brake Control Wiring Harness Work with a Tekonsha 2030 Mark 12 Brake Controller
Is Older Tekonsha 2030 Mark 12 Brake Controller Compatible with 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD plug in with 47775 Hopkins connector ?
asked by: Pierre
Helpful Expert Reply:
Yes, the Hopkins wiring harness 47775 will work with the Tekonsha 2030 Mark 12 brake controller. The brake controller has bare wires and the harness only has a connector on one side. All you have to do is splice the wires with butt connectors, # 05731-5.
The white wire is ground
Black is 12 volt power in
Red is input from the brake switch
Blue is output to the trailer brakes
On a 2003 Chevy Silverado there may be additional connections to make under the hood to make everything fully functional. I have linked a help article explaining this and other parts of the installation.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Wire Connectors
- Butt Connectors
- 16-14 Gauge
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- 7-Way Install Kit for a 2016 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 2500
- 7-Way Wiring Harness & Brake Controller Recommendation for a 2013 BMW X3
- How To Install The Universal Installation Kit # ETBC7 On A 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
- Recommended Brake Controller and Parts Needed on a 2022 Toyota Highlander w/ 4 way Connector
- Parts Needed to Add 7-Way to 2012 Mercedes Sprinter For Brake Controller
- Recommended 7-Way Connector and Brake Controller for a 2017 Toyota Highlander
- Parts Needed For 7-Way on 2023 Chevy Bolt EUV
- Can ETBC7 be Used to Install Curt Echo Mobile Brake Controller
- How to Add a 7-Way to a 2023 Ford Maverick
- Brake Controller and Wiring Recommendation for a 1997 GMC 2500 Towing Dump Trailer
- What Trailer Wiring Do I Need on My 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Without Factory Tow Package)?
- Tips For Finding Cold Side of Stop Light Switch Wire on 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- How to Add a 7-Way Connector to a 2023 Hyundai Palisade
- How Do I Add a 7-Way Connector to a 2023 Subaru Ascent?
- 7-Way Trailer Wiring Recommendation for 2015 Mazda CX-5
- Can Curt Echo Under-Dash Brake Controller be Mounted in Rear of Vehicle
- Recommended Class III Hitch and Wiring for 2017 BMW X3
- Recommended 7-Way Connector and Brake Controller for a 2022 Toyota Highlander
- Recommended 7-Way Kit And Brake Controller For A 2000 Toyota Tundra
- Recommended 7-Pin Harness to Charge Camper Batteries on a 2017 Ford Escape
- Parts Needed For Installing a 7-Way and Brake Controller On a 2012 Dodge Journey with 4-Way Flat
- Will Trailer Hitch & Wiring For 2022 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Hybrid Void Warranty
- Wiring a Brake Controller for a 2006 Toyota Tacoma with a 4-Way Connector
- Towing Set Up for a 2017 Toyota Sienna
- Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controller Wiring For 1999 Ford Ranger
- Recommended 7-Way Connector and Brake Controller for a 2023 Toyota Highlander
- Part Needed to Add 7-Way to 2023 Chevy Trailblazer With 4-Way
- Can I Use the 4-Way to 7-Way Curt Dinghy Adapter 58980 with Brake Controller to Activate Brakes?
- Recommended 7-Way and Brake Controller for a 2008 Ford E-350 Cargo Van
- Parts Needed To Install Trailer Brake Controller on a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JLU With 4-Way