Troubleshooting a Trailer Turn Signal Not Illuminating When the Vehicle's Signal Functions Properly
Hi I have 2015 ram 1500 and the factory 7 pin has no power for right turn signal the rest of it has power. The right turn signal works on the truck any idea or should I take it to the dealer.Thanks
asked by: John
Helpful Expert Reply:
Sounds like you might have a short in the wire that is connecting the tail lights to the 7-way. I would start by checking the wires that will be routed from the right turn signal. If there is any pinch or bare wire this could be causing your issue.
Another place to check would be the ground wire. You will want to make sure this is a clean and secured against a metal surface for it to function properly.
Another possible culprit is the connector itself. I would check the plug for any corrosion. When dirt and debris gets in the connector it can start to cause issues.
If you continue to have issues please let me know, I would be more than happy to help you continue to troubleshoot this issue.
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch
- Q&A: Blule Ox Baseplate For A Diesel 2020 GMC Sierra 3500 Denali
- Article: How to Install a Brake Controller on Chevrolet / GMC 1999-2006 Pickups
- Article: Pintle-Hitches
- Q&A: Parts Needed to Flat Tow 2023 Ford Bronco
- Q&A: Difference Between RoadActive Suspension Kits for 2024 GMC Sierra 2500
- Q&A: 6k Hub Drum that Can Fit Timbren Axle Less Kit part # ASR1THDS03
- Q&A: Parts Needed to Install Curt Inline Echo Brake Controller On Vehicle with 4-Way
- Q&A: Parts Needed To Activate Trailer Brakes With A 2024 Toyota Grand Highlander
- Q&A: Availability Of 33" Ark Stabilizer Jack And Dimensional Diagrams Of Similar Ark Corner Steadies