Recommended Ball Mounts For Hitch Balls With 1-1/4 Inch Shank
Hi....Im looking for a ball mount that a 1 1/4inch shank will fit into. Do you supply any ball mounts that have this feature? Thanks,
asked by: Harry M
If you are looking for a hitch ball with a 1-1/4 inch shank to fit your ball mount, we offer several to choose from. You would just need to know the ball size you need and what length shank you need on the hitch ball. If you need a 2 inch ball with a medium length shank I recommend part # A-90. This hitch ball has a 10,000-lb towing weight and the shank measures 2-5/8 inches. I have attached a link to our product page for the hitch balls we offer that you can choose from.
If you are looking for a ball mount, we have several ball mounts that are designed to use a hitch ball with a 1-1/4 inch shank.
When towing a trailer you want the trailer to be as level as possible so choosing a ball mount is important and easy to figure out. I have attached a link to a helpful article that explains how to measure for a ball mount. You would need to measure the hitch height on your vehicle from the ground to the top of the receiver opening while parked on level ground.
Then measure the coupler height from the bottom of the trailer coupler to the ground when the trailer is level and on level ground. Then just calculate the difference. If the trailer height is greater than the coupler height that is the drop needed for a ball mount. If the coupler height is greater then the difference is the rise needed for the ball mount.
Many ball mounts have both rise and drop like part # 3593. This ball mount has a 2-1/8 inch rise or 2-3/4 inch drop. This ball mount comes with a pin and clip included. I have attached a link to our product page for ball mounts
Products Referenced in This Question
- Trailer Hitch Ball Mount
- Fixed Ball Mount
- No Ball
- 3/4 Inch Ball Hole Diameter
- Steel Shank - Gloss Black
- Drop - 3 Inch
- Rise - 2 Inch
- Fits 1-1/4 Inch Hitch
- 2000 lbs GTW
- Class I
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Recommended Surge Brake Compatible Weight Distribution System for a 3,000 lbs Trailer
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Q&A: Installing Trailer Brake Controller on 2018 Ford Transit T250 with Factory 7-Way
- Article: Ball Mount Basics: Weight Capacity, Class, and Size
- Article: 5 Things to Know About Weight Distribution Hitches
- Article: 2 Steps for Finding the Right Weight Distribution Hitch Size
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Q&A: Trailer Hitch Ball Wrench Size and Torque Rating for 1-1/4 Inch Hitch Ball Shank Size
- Article: The 5 Best Trailer Drop Hitches You Can Buy
- Q&A: Recommended Weight Distribution Hitch For a 2022 Toyota Highlander Towing Kodiak Travel Trailer
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Q&A: Can Dual Hitch Extension be Used to Carry Bikes Behind RV While Flat Towing a 2005 Dodge Dakota
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Q&A: Does the Reese 6K Pro Round Bar Weight Distribution System Come with 2" Hitch Ball