Solution for Having to Use a Hitch Stabilizer Strap on a 2012 Honda Fit Sport with Spoiler
Will this work on a 2012 Sport Fit? My car has the top spoiler above the window on the hatchback. I am wondering if the clip will fit and work correctly with the spoiler in the way.
asked by: Pam B
Helpful Expert Reply:
I looked up pictures of your 2012 Honda Fit Sport and the top spoiler would make attaching the stabilizer strap # 18050 not as easy as on vehicles without the spoiler.
The best option would be to install a hitch on your vehicle that does not require the strap like the EcoHitch part # 306-X7286. Only Curt has the stabilizer requirement when using a non-supported load like a bike rack or cargo carrier so ideally the EcoHitch hitch would be your best option. It also has the more popular 2" opening which will give you a wider range of assessor options.
With the Curt hitch you could also run the strap to the lower edge of the hatch door as that would still provide support.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Trailer Hitch
- Custom Fit Hitch
- Class II
- 300 lbs TW
- 2000 lbs GTW
- 2 Inch Hitch
- Concealed Cross Tube
more information >
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Is Stabilizing Strap Needed For Curt Hitch C13206 or Will Clamp be Okay
- Trailer Hitch Receiver & Wiring Recommendation For 2021 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
- Recommended Trailer Hitch Receiver for a 2018 Subaru Outback Wagon with Maximum Bumper Clearance
- How to Carry 4 Bikes With a 2016 Chevy Cruze
- Does Curt Still Require Using Stabilizing Straps with Their Trailer Hitches
- How to Avoid Spoiler Contact When Installing the Support Strap # 18050 on a 2017 Volkswagen Golf
- Hitch Receiver Options for a Thule T2 Platform Rack on 2001 Lexus LS 430
- Should I Use Bike Rack Stabilizing Strap on my Subaru Outback
- Recommended Trailer Hitch for 2013 Chevy Camaro LT
- How Many Straps Do I Need to Secure My Yakima Big Horn to My 1993 Honda Accord
- Comparing Curt and Draw-Tite Class II Trailer Hitch Receivers For a 2006 Subaru Forester
- Trailer Hitch Option for a 2017 Chevy Bolt
- Why Does Curt Require Support Straps on their Hitch Receivers
- Where to Connect Curt Stabilizer Strap When Using with a Camper
- Using the Curt Stabilizing Strap on a 2013 BMW X1's Bike Rack
- Do I Need the Curt Stabilizing Strap on My Class III Curt Hitch?
- Where to Attach Stabilizer Strap for a Trailer Hitch Mount Bike Rack on a 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser
- Can the Curt Stabilization Strap Be Used on a 2010 Honda Civic Si with Rear Spoiler
- Why Does Curt Require Stabilizing Strap While Hidden Hitch and Draw-Tite Do Not
- Dimensions of Curt Support Strap with Cambuckle for Bike Racks and Cargo Carriers
- Using Curt Bike Rack Strap Part # 18050 to Help with Bike Rack Bounce on a 2010 Mazda 5
- Is the Curt Stabilizing Strap # 18050 Required With Curt Class II Hitch # C12097
- Can the Curt Stabilizer Strap Be Attached Lower to Accommodate Glass Hatchbacks
- Longest Wheelbase Bike That Fits Curt 2-Bike Rack C18085
- Is Stabilizing Strap Required for Curt Hitch on 2017 Toyota Prius
- Using a Hollywood Racks 1450E with a 5th Wheel RV
- Why Does Curt Require a Stabilizer Strap But Hidden Hitch Doesn't
- How Long is the Curt Stabilization Strap 18050
- Recommended Support Strap for a Cargo Carrier