Tie Down Anchors that Will Fit Unknown Tracks on a Lance Truck Camper
Hi! I have a set of tracks on top of my LANCE truck camper. Each track has a set of 2 track nuts and a nylon/stainless eyebolt nylon eye with ss threaded stud that threads in to the nut. These 2 tiedown anchors may be located any where along the track. There are no identifying markings on the tracks indicating manufacturer etc. I have searched the internet for all eyebolt, anchor, clips etc trying to locate similar tiedown anchor systems to no avail. How do I know if the 2 types of track nuts shown will fit the tracks on my camper? I have the dimensions of the #853-2106 Thule replacement nut but do not know the type of threads. I could buy the nuts and then some stainless shouldered eyebolts from a local hardware store, but I would also need to the the max length of the threaded portion of the stud that would screw in to the nut. What is your recommendation?
asked by: Matt
I recommend using # S604 which sounds very similar to what you are describing. These have the flat track bolt as well that will fit the same slot as the Thule ones you have mentioned. So if the dimensions of the Thule one will work then these will work too. Many of the T-slots in tracks/load bars have the same or similar dimensions and are compatible with each other's accessories.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Roof Rack
- Eye Bolts
- Rhino Rack
more information >
- Q&A: What Roof Rack Kits Will Work with the RetraxPRO XR Hard Tonneau Covers
- Q&A: Recommended Thule Rail Kit for Leer Fiberglass Truck Bed Topper
- Q&A: Recommended Crossbars for Yakima Top Tracks On an A.R.E Camper Shell CX Series
- Q&A: Parts Needed To Install Thule Roof Rack On Leer Camper Shell With Tracks
- Q&A: Crossbar Recommendation for Truck with Retrax Tonneau Channels
- Q&A: Picking Between 65 and 71 inch Rhino Rack Crossbar Setup for Retrax XR Tonneau
- Q&A: Will Using a 2-1/2" to 2" Reducer Reduce The Towing Capacity For a 2022 GMC Sierra 3500?
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: How to Choose a Battery Charger
- Article: Roof Rack Information
- Article: How to Adjust Your Trailer Brakes | The Ultimate Guide
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers
- Article: Fifth Wheel Trailer Hitch Information and Installation Tips
- Article: Sidewinder with Rotating Turret for Short Bed Pickups