bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

How do You Disconnect the OEM 7-Way to Install Fifth Wheel/Gooseneck 7-Way from Valley V30133


How does one seperate the Delphi type connector on the 2010 Dodge 3500 to install part PK11893-11932# ? I dont have one in hand yet to look at, perhaps that will help? You show a video on the old Dodge square type connector but not the Delphi or GM, round type thats on most of the new trucks? Hard to figure them out laying on the ground? Thanks in advance for any help!


Expert Reply:

The round style connector has been used by Ford and GM for quite some time and has been standardized. Dodge adopted the same connector in 2009 on the Ram 1500's and starting in 2010, the 2500 and 3500's also got the round style.

Any of the videos we have showing the connector on a Ford or GM truck will be very similar to what you will need to do with a 2010 Ram 3500 with factory 7-Way. I have added a link below to a video of a similar kit from Draw-Tite, part # 20110, being installed on a Ford F-250. Usually we use a small screw driver to depress the release tab. Take a good look at the part when you get it, and it should become pretty clear how they fit and lock together.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>