Recommended Demco Auto Slide 5th Wheel Hitch for 2015 Ram 2500 with 6-Foot Bed
Hello, I am interested in the Demco 1800 auto slide. I will be towing a Glaceir Peak F26RKS fifth wheel with a Ram Megacab 2500. Is this a good choice? Trailer weight dry 8900lbs, Max trailer weight 12995lbs, Dry hitch weight is 1550lbs. Thank you.
asked by: Rudy A
The 18K-rated Demco Hijacker Autoslide 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch # DM8550034 is an excellent choice for pulling your 13K-gross weight Glacier Peak 5th wheel with your 2015 Ram 2500 with 6-foot bed as long as the trailer has a tapered nose designed for good turning clearance. The mating custom installation kit is part # DM8552025-71 which will save you install time since it uses existing holes in the truck frame. This hitch works in trucks without the Rambox or Air Suspension systems.
The Demco autoslide feature makes it much easier to make tight low-speed turns without having to get out of the truck each and every time and the wrap-around single piece jaw means full 360-degree king pin contact for less chucking and jarring.
For a 5th wheel wiring harness you can use part # PK11893-11932.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Fifth Wheel Installation Kit
- Above the Bed
more information >
- Custom Fit Vehicle Wiring
- Fifth Wheel and Gooseneck Wiring
- 7-1/2 Feet Long
- Custom Fit
- 7 Round - Blade
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Does Truck with 6-1/2 ft bed Have to Use Slider Hitch for Turning Clearance with Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Q&A: Do I Have to Have a Sliding 5th Wheel Hitch in a Short Bed Truck
- Q&A: Are Capture Plates Needed When Using the Demco Autoslide With a Lippert Road Armor Pin Box
- Article: Sidewinder with Rotating Turret for Short Bed Pickups
- Q&A: Do I Need a Capture Plate for a Rota Flex Pin Box?
- Q&A: Comparing Demco Hijacker and Pullrite Superglide Fifth Wheel Hitch for 2017 Ram 2500
- Article: Ram Trailer Tow Prep Package
- Q&A: Side Plates Needed To Install Demco 21K Autoslide 5th Wheel Hitch In a 2023 GMC Sierra 3500 Puck Bed
- Article: Guide to Choosing the Best Truck for 5th-Wheel Towing
- Q&A: Recommended Autosliding Hitch and 5th Wheel Rails for a 2023 Ram 2500
- Article: Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Adapters
- Article: Fifth Wheel Trailer Hitch Information and Installation Tips
- Article: How to Measure for Travel Trailer and Fifth Wheel Steps