Need Trailer Wiring to Use on 2008 Toyota Corolla and Fold-Up Trailer Kit
Hello, I have a harbor freight fold-up trailer kit that I have just assembled and now I need the wiring to the car. The car is a 2008 Toyota Corolla. The lights on the trailer are a combination taillight/stoplight/turn signal on each side and a smaller amber colored light on the trailer frame towards the front. Is your adapter wiring really plug and play for my car and trailer? Im not very good at figuring electrical stuff out. Thanks.
asked by: Jim
We have a custom fit vehicle wiring for your vehicle. I used the Fit Guide on the website and found that the wiring kit you need for your 2008 Toyota Corolla is the Curt Custom Fit Vehicle Wiring, part # 55542. This kit will wire into the vehicle wiring and allow you to connect your trailer to your 2009 Toyota Corolla.
Yes, this custom fit wiring simply plugs into your factory wiring harness, it is a plug and play kit.
When connecting the trailer wiring to your vehicle it is always a good idea to use some dielectric grease, part # 11755, in the connector to prevent corrosion.
I have linked instructions below for the Curt Custom Fit Vehicle Wiring, part # 55542.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Trailer Wiring
- Dielectric Grease
more information >
- Custom Fit Vehicle Wiring
- Trailer Hitch Wiring
- Custom Fit
- 4 Flat
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: Trailer Lighting Requirements
- Article: Trailer Tire Sizing
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 4-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Article: Most Popular Wheel Bearings
- Article: How to Measure the Bolt Pattern of a Trailer Wheel
- Q&A: Correct Curt Flex Air 5th Wheel Pin Box for Keystone Cougar 5th Wheel Trailer
- Q&A: Can Red Identification Light Bar be Used as Marker & Reverse Lights
- Q&A: Tire and Wheel Combinations Balanced From The Factory
- Q&A: How to Determine Replacement Trailer Wheel Bearing Sizes
- Q&A: Is there a Radial Trailer Tire Available in Size 5.30-12
- Q&A: Side Marker Lights Required for Trailer Wider Than 80 Inches and Longer Than 30 Feet
- Q&A: Which is Better for Highway Use 4.80-12 or 5.30-12 Trailer TIres