bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Compatibility of TorkLift Camper Tie-Downs


what is the square tube size for a tlf3001 and tlf3004? i have a 2004 f250 SD with a ford oem hitch, which was added quite a few years later and dont know what year truck its from. there i need to know the tube size with one of the above units will fit. thanks


Expert Reply:

Since your F-250's hitch was installed after it left the factory it could potentially be either a factory hitch or an aftermarket hitch. There should be a safety sticker on the hitch that indicates its capacities and also its manufacturer. If there is no such sticker on your hitch, nor any identification for brand (Curt, Draw-Tite, Hidden Hitch) nor a part number, then chances are its the OEM version.

If you have a non-Torklift aftermarket hitch the tie downs you can use are part # TLF2011 and TLR3500. If you have the factory hitch use parts # TLF2011 and # TLF3001.

My contact at TorkLift confirmed both tie downs use the same 2-inch steel tubing.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>