Recommended Gooseneck Hitch Option for Cab and Chassis Ford F-450
I bought a c65500 with c61502 rail kit for a2009 f450 cab and chassis , but my cab and chassis its only 28 inches on the inside and 34 outside, the rail its 36 inside and 42 1/2 on the outside what should I do, if I cut it i need to veld back the screw, I dont want to brake it and loose the warranty Thx
asked by: Ioan A
I spoke with my contact at Curt and sent him everything you sent me including the pictures and here is what he responded with:
Typically we recommend our universal over-bed installation kit, part # C61502, compatible for the over-bed folding & fixed ball gooseneck hitches, parts # C61502 & # C61100 for the cab and chassis trucks. That said this installation kit would also need to be modified to fit the 34” OD cab & chassis frame.
We recommend that a certified structural welder perform any modification.
Any modification to the install kit is the responsibility of the customer.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Gooseneck Hitch
- Hitch Only
- 30000 lbs GTW
- Fixed Ball Gooseneck
more information >
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Is There a Way to Install a Gooseneck Hitch in 2005 Ford F-350 Cab and Chassis Truck
- Can Curt C65500 Flat Plate Gooseneck Hitch Be Installed Behind Truck's Rear Axle
- Correct Bracket Rail Kit to Install Curt Gooseneck Flat Plate on a 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
- Can a Gooseneck Hitch Be Installed on a 2009 F-450 Cab and Chassis
- Recommended Adapter For Towing Fifth Wheel With 1999 Ford F-350 4 X 4 Flatbed Truck
- Best Curt Gooseneck Hitch Option for 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
- Curt Gooseneck Flat Plate and Rail Kit for 1989 Chevy C70 truck
- Gooseneck Hitch that Fits 2005 GMC TopKick C5500
- Recommended Solution for Adding Gooseneck Hitch to 2001 Ford F-550 Cab and Chassis
- Installing the Curt Gooseneck Flat Plate on a 1977 GMC K25 Truck with a Flat Bed
- Can Spacers Be Used To Install The Curt Gooseneck Plate On a 2012 Ford F-350?
- Recommended Gooseneck Hitch for a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
- Curt Gooseneck Hitch that Fits 1997 Ford F-150 Short Bed
- Parts Needed to Install Curt Gooseneck Flat Plate Hitch C65500
- Is There A Custom Gooseneck Hitch Available For A 2022 Toyota Tundra?
- Availability of Gooseneck Hitch for a 1982 Jeep Scrambler
- Will the Curt Gooseneck Flat Plate part # C65500 Require Fabrication to Install
- Gooseneck Hitch Recommendation for Cab and Chassis Truck
- Availability Of Gooseneck Hitch For 2015 Ram 5500
- Gooseneck Ball Solution for Truck with Flat Bed
- Gooseneck Hitch Solution for 2008 Chevy Silverado 5500
- Gooseneck Hitch Fabrication Parts for 2018 Ford F-450 Cab and Chassis
- Are There Installation Instruction for the Curt Gooseneck Plate # C65500
- Trailer Hitch Recommendation for 2017 Ram Truck with Cab and Chassis
- Recommended Above Bed Gooseneck Hitch For Cab And Chassis Truck
- What Underbed Support Is Needed For Curt Gooseneck Flat Plate, # C65500, To Meet Maximum GTW Rating
- Capacity of Gooseneck Plate C65500 When Not Used with Install Rails
- Parts Needed to Install Goseneck Hitch in 2012 Ford F-550 Cab and Chassis
- Parts Needed to Install Gooseneck on a 2008 Ford F550