bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended Anti-Rattle Adapters For 2-Inch Trailer Hitch


Hello, Could you please recommend a Anti-Rattle Hitch Pin for a 2inch Trailer Hitch? Id like to know what you feel is the most robust design you have. Replacement parts for future would be a plus too verses purchasing a whole new set-up. Id prefer something stainless steel but Im open to options. Thanks,


Expert Reply:

There are a couple different anti-rattle devices available to help reduce the rattle you said you are getting with your hitch on your 2002 Pilot.

One adapter is the Brophy Stabilizer Clamp and U-Bolt, part # RSCP. This uses a U-bolt to slip over the hitch and a plate that holds the ball mount in place in the hitch by tightening the U-bolt.

If you have a hollow ball mount you can use the Anti-Rattle Trailer Hitch Receiver Lock, part # 63232. This uses a spring and block placed inside the shank of the ball mount and also has a lock to help deter theft.

A third option is to use part # 325-GH-033. This is a wedge style anti-rattle.

Any of these adapters can be used for towing or used with other hitch mounted accessories. Unfortunately none of the adapters we offer have replaceable parts and is something should be broken or fail then the entire unit would need to be replaced.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>