bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Replacement Master Cylinder for Older Model Titan Model 60 Brake Actuator


Havent pulled the master cylinder off yet. Very rusted inside. Been empty for awhile. How do I know which Master Cylinder I need? Is there a part number on the master cylinder itself? Boat is a 1999 Bayliner Capri and trailer looks to be the original. Would that use the Model 60? Sheetmetal on the outside of the master cylinder says Titan. Here is a very bad pic but thats all i have at the moment. Thank you,


Expert Reply:

I spoke with my technical contact at Titan and showed him the photo that you sent in of your actuator. My contact confirmed that you actuator is a Model 60. The right replacement master cylinder for you will depend on what kind of brakes the actuator is designed for. If the brakes have never been changed out, you can determine this by checking if the trailer has disc or drum brakes.

If your actuator is designed for drum brakes, you will want the Replacement Master Cylinder Assembly # T4395100, that you referenced.

If you need the disc brake master cylinder, you will want part # T4747100.

My contact at Titan confirmed that when replacing the master cylinder on your older Model 60 actuator, you will also want to replace the strut because the new master cylinders have a bigger bore than the original master cylinder on your actuator.

Many times, when an actuator's master cylinder needs replaced, the shock will also need to be replaced. The replacement shock for Model 60 actuators is the Replacement Shock Absorber # T2336200. This shock will fit both drum and disc versions of the Model 60.

click to enlarge
expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>